83MM Hub Motor Launch SALE! Free shipping

Damn, has that ever been done before? I bet two 8080 hub motors would have no problem hauling my fatass.

How is startup from a standstill? Without a push is it smooth or does it shudder?

Ill feel like I personally am not sold on the hub motors but will buy a set for supporting the community and a gift. Thanks for the response

@LukeM when you have the setting set correct then the start up is great! @NNGG maybe these will sell you on them! They are not for every body but I think they will please most.

@NNGG maybe this will help

Also the issues mentioned in this thread have been fixed by increasing the set screw size, and adding 2 alignment pin holes that will mate with the trucks with this kit! But can easily be added to any truck with the supplied drill jig.

1 Like

How are these compared to the carvon?

$300 cheaper during this sale and carbon could be really good but the kv is way to high

I have to start by saying that I have never ridden carveon. Having said that im fairly sure that a carvon is just a re housed sk3 6374. Altho im happy to be corrected on that. If that IS the case. These motors should wipe the floor with them these are a specifically built motor inside a wheelā€¦ no cans hanging out the side on these. Now i do ride sk3s on all my rides belt driven and the difference is shit and chocolate.

Jacob would these RED wheels match your hubs colour ? They are 83mm x 52mm. They are marked as RED but look pretty orange like yours. http://www.amazon.com/83mm-Longboard-Cruiser-Wheels-Flywheels/dp/B00IAGNVEI

Buy them and find out. Whats the worst thing that can happen? Your wheels end up different colours? My red wheels look close enough to orange even.

I am a colour freak ā€¦it all just has to match. I saw your wheels and they dont match at all thatā€™s why I am asking :slight_smile:

They kit will come with matching front wheels!

Relax. This Jacob Hub motor is version 1, every version one has weakness. I also have experience that the hub cover after sometime start to get messy rubbing with the side of the road or any obstacle.

Sorry man. I didnt mean to offend you. I understand that you have put a lot of testing in your hubs. And as I said. I havent ridden them.

I have however ridden jacobs and I love them.

I personaly dont like the way yours look. Im sorry. Thats my personal opinion. Again im sorry, no disrespect. Its only looks. I see they function quite well. Not my cup of tea.

I think that @LEVer 's Carvons design is better than any other Iā€™ve seen and the one I have because the motor is not actually in the weel but slightly off and that will help a lot against heat and prevent the magnets to lose position. The force applied on the wheel when riding on bumps or cracks is not going directly on the motor because itā€™s not inside the wheel, so I guess magnets, stator and everything is much more protected, even if itā€™s less pretty to some people, it totally makes sense to me. Iā€™m curious about these motors too though and hopefully they will not fail like the one I have. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry they are not the same motors as the ones from China, I have all of the parts made in my Cnc factory the sent to my motor factory and assembled!

And I have been developing this for 2 and a half years and have never had a wheel come off more the alloy cap touch the ground! Iā€™m not some random buying Chinese motors I am a third year engineer student from Australia!

I didnā€™t say any thing bad about your motors except the kv which is nothing about torque itā€™s about amp draw! A 149kv motor with a 1:2 gear ratio will spin at half the speed of a hub with the same kv so a normal cruising speed is 30km/h the hub will use 50% less voltage at that speed then a geared system so if the torque requirement to move you on the board equals 500w then because the voltage is 50% less the amp draw will be 50% more then the geared system. But again nothing bad about your motor I like your design itā€™s just bigger but your stator is also longer then mine.

I have nothing against you or hummina or any one els doing hub motors! Iv just chosen to do it my way!

2 Likes

Hub motor love guys. Lively discussion is great, and some trash talk is cool but dude Bros letā€™s see how they compare!!! Until we can do some ride vs ride testing letā€™s all agree this is awesome tech and you all get a big high five from all of us watching and supporting the innovation and work you guys do and letā€™s go ride the shit out of our boards!!!

1 Like

@jacobbloy , do you know how long that thane of the wheels will aproximately last? Would it make sense to order some spares if someone is from Europe (considering the shipping costs)?