83MM Hub Motor Launch SALE! Free shipping

It’s completely up to you and what you feel and how often you wear out normal longboard wheels!

1 Like

Jacob - what range do you get on SPACE CELL and your hubs? I am thinking of buying new Enertion Space Cell 4 and I am wondering what range can be expected with your motors.

I bought @jacobbloy and @Hummie hub motors.

They both are affordable, seem to be made from quality parts, and have real world testing behind them, and also look nice…

I cant wait to compare the two, regardless i STILL got both dual pairs cheaper than one Carvon pair which is a big deal for me.

1 Like

I just had to check the title of this thread to make sure I was on the right one.

What are you doing on it exactly? Bashing other people’s products? Man we don’t like your shit cuz it’s ugly and over priced.

Get over it. You just chime in once in a while, talk shit and leave. Start a new thread about your own hubs and don’t bring this one off track.

1 Like

Well thanks for the support:grin:

And I only ever did small orders during my beta testing, but it was needed because I found after that first round with @Hummie and @torqueboards that just because I could fix the problems I had with the motors didn’t mean every one could or at least wanted to. But I always tried to make things right @Hummie got a refund and I sent @torqueboards a free set from the next beta round.

But since my latest beta round I have had not 1 unhappy customer, yes there have been some problems still but no product is ever bug free and this is why you have made improvements on your own motors, and I rectified all of these problems with replacement parts express posted to every customer who had them.

I hope to see more customer reviews like the one above in the coming weeks but sadly there is a vesc delay.

There you go! Now you’re being a helpful member of this forum!

I’m not gonna sit back while you attack others

make a thread about the qualities of your hubs man. We try not to hate here and it isn’t tolerated. I’m just saying that this specific thread is about another persons hub sales. Not really the best place to start a war about whose hubs are better.

Ok can we please stop now? @LEVer I have no bad blood! And I hope you don’t towards me!

Ordered! Can’t wait!

Carvons look great too, but there’s no chance of grinding with that design

Also ordered - however I have to admit that all that talk by Hummie about what is wrong with his motors and LEVer criticizing the construction makes me feel a bit nervous. Hope they will be awesome and prove them wrong.

VESCs also ordered -> that was an expensive couple of days :slight_smile:

Nothing is wrong with my motors. You need to understand what myself and Jacob are doing. You are buying an aluminum shaft with a bearing sitting on it. Either lock it down with retaining fluid where you then have to press the motor apart or suffer the consequences. In my case I use retaining fluid and likely with the heat it has loosened on the steel side. So there is steel on steel rattle. That’s fine because it’s steel and just a bit of rattle. If both sides of the bearing are sitting on aluminum, as in the case with Jacobs motors, be sure to add retaining fluid to both sides otherwise u will deform the aluminum. I don’t think he adds any intending for people to be able to remove the flange to replace the rubber. If u left it loose u will rattle and ultimately deform This isn’t new science. You will not find bearings sitting on an aluminum shaft with a slide fit when there is a lot of load.

1 Like

Can you illustrate this with some pictures (the part where we should add the retaining fluid)? It’ll makes it a little easier to follow what you are saying.

The bearings are donuts. Add retaining fluid to where they sit on the shaft(inside) and the bearing housing(outside). Put it on the edge of both and then slide and twist the bearing on to evenly coat the surface. Don’t put too much on as if it gets in the bearing, which just has metal sheilds to protect it, it’s bad news

Thanks for the advice mate! It will help me and others.

As for the alloy shaft my stator isn’t glued on to the alloy shaft and uses a key way and 2 C-clips plus a press fit, but this allows for me to service them and quickly replace shafts is they are ever damaged!

I don’t know if I will ever use this but might just replace the whole stators if any shaft damage occurred. But the mechanical locking reduces the risk of the epoxy failing because of constant heating and cooling. I had this problem with my old 50mm stators because they got hotter.

1 Like

So I have to say a massive thanks to every one who ordered!

We sold out of the alicated 25 sets of motors for the launch sale in a record 3 and a half days.

Iv had a few emails over night asking when more stock will be in, well I have just release another 25 sets that will be still delivered on the same time frame of first week of June.

Sadly the $249 price was great but can not be sustained if the goal is to continue selling them in the future. The new price is $399+ shipping this kit comes with 2x trucks and 2x motor wheels and 2x front wheels so still great value.

Again thank you to every one who has purchased.

3 Likes