Absolutely not strong enough - what went wrong?

@Deckoz

10 char

1 Like

Nah thats just not true, i have the same Setup but use a Fvt Esc and get around 21 Km/h

1 Like

when you say samsung 18650, are they 25r or 30q, or something else?

try upping batt max to 100a since you’re running 6p (20a * 6 = 120a continous), and motor max to 100a as well.

1 Like

here is your problem

You set the battery cutoff start and end for a 10S Battery. but you only have a 6S.

start should be 3.0 a cell which is 18V in your case. And end 2.8V a cell which is 16.8V in your case.

That should do the trick. Means you were riding with the lowest possible current (1A as default) because the Vesc thought your battery is already completely dead.

16 Likes

bingo, i was just typing this.

2 Likes

6s6p 30q is 20a* or 120a

You have 25a set.

22.1v nominal * 25a = 552watts.

Suggest setting your batt max to 60 or 70 for a single drive

22.1v nominal * 60 = 1325w

Also what @Ackmaniac and @SORRENTINO said…fix your cuttoffs

3 Likes

again he’s using vesc, he said he tried on evolve those are esc’s but that set up that he made is vesc , esc’s done care and will plow through there amp hungry and could beat the crap out of them stressing them but on vesc ain’t gana happen endless u run vesc6

30q - thanks will try that.

That’s a esc vs a vesc, dout it will work out u will burn that evolve motor out

What? This makes no sense…

The single motor goes faster on the evolve because the evolve is running at 10s(optimal for that kv). (well that and the incorrect vesc settings listed above). You definitely wont burn out the motor using it on a vesc… plenty of people have used 5065 motors on vesc…

I suggest you re-wire that battery to something like 10s3p and you may be a little happier. Or just get a higher kv motor

1 Like

i think I said it wrong let me rephrase, it’s single drive 5065 on AT wheels big, if u use a esc like evolve it will stress more the small motor than the esc I know because I have fried a single motor on a esc. Now if it’s a vesc on single small motor it will stress more the vesc and will likely fry dvr I know as well because I have fried 2 maytech vesc on single drive

Evolve esc only puts 32.5 amps to each motor regardless of how many are connected. I guess i just don’t know what you are saying.

sure am staying out of this one then lol

@Ackmaniac @Deckoz @thisguyhere @SORRENTINO

Thanks guys. The battery cutoff seemed to be exactly the thing. Changed it to 18 / 16,8 and now I am flying! What a rookie mistake.

Now it takes me to 20 km/h / 12.5 mph on flat ground no problem. Just as I wanted it to. This build is for my 12 years old daughter so it will be perfect for her I guess (I will not Allow her to go faster).

You will all get a big fat kiss if I ever see you for real :slight_smile:

I must realize that I do not completely understand those bldc settings in depth. Must do some studying in that area.

Maybe you can help me a little of the way. I want it to be a little less reactive/agressive when accelerating. Which settings should I play with in what direction? Also, if she wants more speed down the road, would it be the motor max I should play with there?

These are the settings as they are now:

2 Likes

Ok if this is for your daughter.

Set motor max to 20amps. And leave your battery amps at 25

Also if you are running bldc. Calculate the erpm to limit the speed,and then set an erpm limit.(somewhere around 12k-30k erpm or lower. Since your on 140kv)

If she wants more speed or acceleration down the road set the erpm max back to -60k +60k.and then up the motor max 5-10 amps at a time until about 60 amps… let her get used to it after…

3 Likes

Cool thanks @Deckoz - we will play with it the coming days.

2 Likes

If the maximum speed you get right now isn’t fast enough then you have a couple of options.

• higher battery voltage (eg a 10S battery)
  • higher motor kv
  • less gearing
  • bigger wheels

for a smoother acceleration you can lower the motor max or go with one of my modded firmwares to define a throttle curve. Vedders latest official also has the adjustable throttle curve.

1 Like

This is obviously have nothing to do with motor too small when it doesnt even move at all. your battery cut off is way too high. It’s 10S battery cut off setting when you’re running 6S setup.

Adjusted the Motor max to 20a and the batt max to 25a and that is perfect for Her. Smooth acceleration that she can control.

Also had to adjust the Motor min (regen) to -20 and the Batt min (regen) to 8 to get forgiving braking.

Everything works great now and the Daughter are happy!

Thanks for the help.

7 Likes

Nice man! @davidbonde

Glad you got it working,haha she looked about as excited as the first time my wife rode.

Anyway since it’s your baby girl, I know she probably won’t go fast, but at least give her some gloves with that helmet so she can catch herself if she gets a little pebble. Other pads add as you see fit(if you give her more speed eventually, start with knees). But get that girl in some gloves, and hope she has fun!!

Yahh you are right - I will get her some gloves.

We took a 6 mile cruise today. She was leading the speed, and it was a solid 7 mph cruise :slight_smile: Lets see what happens when she get more rinding time.

2 Likes