All-terrain TESSERACT 12s9p build

Damn that’s a nice and insane build :sweat_smile:

Lol thank you. It’s as funny to ride as it looks :smirk:

1 Like

Is that OBED yours? And could you fit your board in it? :joy:

No it’s not my bag but it does fit in it. But my board is way to heavy for anyone to want to carry it on there back lol

Would you like this more than the Spud? longer wheelbase means more stability of course

How is the turning ratio?

Crazy build, I’m thinking of something like this, the Pho3nix is too big sometimes.

hehe its amazing how those big wheels make he deck look so much smaller. i am gonna guess it weight 20kg+

Man I love the spud it’s a sun ride and looks crazy amazing. Going to build another just working on getting another set of the 35° riser from a friend here in New York.

with the Tesseract deck man it’s so much fun to ride great stability at High speed so far I have pushed up to 35mph the spud anthing over 25 feel like you are going to die lol. And the turning amazing keep in mind though that I have yellow dampeners in the back in the front. If you don’t use them this thing turns on a dime.

1 Like

It’s an amazing board love it. Yes it’s 20kg+ for sure

How stable is the Lacroix at higher speeds compared to you tesseract? I understand that longer decks are better for stability at higher speeds? Though I have read guides saying that 80% of focus should be on the deck width so I’m not sure how the Lacroix fares when going at those speeds as it’s 4” shorter but just as wide nearing 10”. Stability is a concern for me so I’m on the fence on building one around a downhill deck like the Tesseract or maybe a Landyachtz Evo or go with the Lacroix.

How are those motors holding up? No heat issues? Do you log any of your data to know the amps?

Planning a tesseract build as well! how wide do the trucks have to be to get adequate clearance to avoid wheel bite? I am planning to use Carvon V4 Torque drives so I dont know how much clearance from the deck the rear wheels have if I want to run 107mm ABECs or pneumatics which I eventually plan on trying if I’m able to upgrade to a 4WD Carvon V4 TD.

@Darklinks You have any issues with the SK8 motors? Someone’s mentioned issues with the can coming off because there’s no retaining ring.

No I have had no problem with them. They have been working great. But all I have to say that I do have other board so I don’t ride this one everyday so maybe that’s why… but I have put on 200mil on the motor so far.

2 Likes

Where did you get the enclosure by the way? I couldn’t find it on this thread. did you do the handle as well? it looks so clean!

The enclosure is from one of my metroboard. The handle just regular kayak handle

1 Like

How did you mount the Trampa trucks on this deck?

Edit: Okay, just saw the anwser by @Jebe above

Are those risers comparable to the ones from @3DServisas here > FatBoy 35º Solid Riser adapter V3 for Trampa, MBS, Longboard trucks – 3DServisas ?