Aluminum Abec 11 wheel pulleys group buy

larger motor pulleys are harder to find. and they can have some clearance issues. 14-16t work well. So I would keep the wheel pulleys sized accordingly.

1 Like

I agree with all of your points except for the fact that the weight difference is not negligible. Who aluminum setup weighs 1lb, so there is definitely room for improvement. What I did tonight was bring it down to only spokes and a 45deg chamfer to the full size, with only a large washer on the outside. I couldnā€™t check the weight before I came home but I want to say it looked like I removed about 30-40% of mass.

As far as 3D printed parts go, I know our machine usually undershoots by 3mils which I usually tweak up or down as need be since the material is cheap, we can afford a few iterations.

Will post more pictures in the AM. For now, hereā€™s the puppy :wink:

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m using a 16T motor pulley for the build. 36-40T means 2.25-2.5GR which is fine as it only changes my top speed by 10% which isnā€™t too vbad as I donā€™t want my gf to kill herself lol. (Need help raising the pup :wink:)

Do these pulleys require modified hanger? And what is the estimate for shipping to Europe?

@PXSS Have you looked at - he has material removed under the gear teeth and has threaded about .375" of material.

@korryh, Iā€™ve only seen the pictures on his website but am not really a fan of the design. The only thing I like is the removal of unnecessary material from the inside of the gear. Will definitely finish design and start milling cores tonight.

@caustin, @Bender, so far youā€™re the only 2 that want 40+T, 42T is as high as I can go. The stock costs 125 for 40T and 132.50 for 42T. There is enough stock to make 8 gears at least. Do you want to split stock cost 50/50 and Iā€™ll send you all of the gears I make out of the stock. Maybe someone else wants to jump in on larger gear sizes. @mainstreet?

There is enough interest in 36T so I will get that stock ordered tonight. @cdn, @korryh and myself. the length will be what youā€™ve asked for above. I will confirm later on too.

@IDVert3X: I canā€™t imagine shipping to be more than $10-15USD

10-15 USD shipping to EU sounds great!

Iā€™m in for 2x 36T 9mm

1 Like

Iā€™d split the 42T stock @caustin iā€™d even like to go up to 44T if thatā€™s a possibility

44T has an outside diameter of 68.89mm(2.7122") and pitch diameter of 70mm (2.7559"). The wheel core stock Iā€™m ordering is 2.75" diameter.

If you donā€™t mind it being so close to the outside diameter of the flange, then itā€™s ok with me. Price is: 139.49 at sdp-si @Bender, @caustin

@PXSS any way I can change my order to 4 sets instead of 2. If they are already spoken for then I will wait till the next batch.

Let me see if I have enough stock ordered for cores. I think I need to order some other things from mcmaster so i could order more core stock with that.

Yes, I would split 44T stock with you, that is my pref gearing for torquey larger format thane. If no 44T, then would split 42T with you instead. @Bender

Just read the disclaimer above, I have no issues machinning the 44T.

Went ahead and ordered the 44T for you guys.

2 Likes

Here is a website that might interest you. They do 3D printed plastic and metal parts. I have no experience with them but I plan to look into their pricing etc. I wonder if you did a group buy of parts if they would ship to all the people that signed up. Or one person could order one and test it out first and then after (if successful) submit group buy. Just a thought.

I have a 3D printer at work where we could do plastic parts. I just wanted to make my own aluminum pulleys on the cheap but all the stock available was for pretty much multiples of 5-8 so I decided to do a group buy.

For the ones needing pulleys for 15mm beltsā€¦

Frank

Thanks for the offer but for ā‚¬100, i can build 4 setsā€¦ In fact, weā€™re making 12 36T wheel pulleys for 270 plus we still have some stock left

Here is the final configuration, unless I find something wrong when machining. The 36T weighs 0.27 lbs The 44T weighs 0.33 lbs (6) 6-32 screws hold everything together. the outer wheel piece will be tapped but you can add a lucknut on the outside as a jam nut for extra security.

And as stated before, the cores can take any gear that has the 6-32 holes

2 Likes

Wheel core stock is massiveā€¦

1 Like