Any DIY parts or Prebuilt boards for under $400?

His range will be definitely not as much as he want and 25c with such a small capacity pack will probably sag pretty bad. Latest when he will try to climb a mountain.

@gee @buildityourself

Search here and reddit and you’ll find that diyeboard is a scammer. Even if it wasn’t for that, the quality is garbage and you will end up buying it all again anyway because it will break immediately.

6 Likes

IMG_20180721_023407_475 They sell quality trucks at least. Wait… no

10 Likes

there’s one with 5000mA BROSKI. I’m using 5000 mA BRO and if he doesn’t like 2500 he can choose higher amp BRUH. And BRAH chill.

1 Like

What language are you speaking?

2 Likes

brahterian?

3 Likes

Not to be confused with Bruvirvian

3 Likes

Great now I want donuts

2 Likes

Mind your manners brahtenburg, you’re speaking to one of the most helpful individuals on the forum.

Sort yourself out.

7 Likes

‎ ‎

2 Likes

I beat the shit out of my racerstar motors. Iv’e never broken one or had one fail on me.

2 Likes

30mins to the curb?

1 Like

Sorry if you got something wrong @gee
Just if you link a specific one than people will eventually buy exactly this and end up being not happy in the end. You right with 5Ah he should already get a good range. I get about 15km with 12s1p and 5Ah packs. This on pneumatics, so if he’s light and use urethane wheels he will probably get even more out of it. Still would recommend to get a higher c-rated pack. 40-75C is a good rating for our needs. There are the heavy duty series which offer for example the 5Ah packs in 6s for 60€. If he has some more money left he can go with the graphens packs from hobbyking which last very long and probably the best choice.

1 Like

That is what I have heard about hobbyking’s products as well

Hobbyking’s motor mounts are shit and I wouldn’t buy an ESC from them — but they are a great source for the Turnigy sk3 motors (if you don’t want sensors) and the lipos they have some are very good.

I have never heard of them publicly releasing customers’ credit card numbers and smearing their customers’ names online like DIYE has reports of doing.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about going for those racerstar motors (priced at $55 now) but to hobbyking for my batteries. Do you think 2x 5000mah 3s in series would be best?

I think 2x 5000mAh 5S in series is best, at least 40C rated, higher C is better

(or five 5000mAh 2S in series, 40C or higher)

3 Likes

That sounds good, do you know of any good (for the price) dual motor vescs? Hopefully with a controller and the right allowable amp rating by any chance?

Hobbyking Vesc is great and not worse than any other (old style) 4.xx hardware (except of Chaka’s Vesc).

2 Likes

Do you think I could find 2 vescs for a total under $160? Or do you think I could find a larger, more powerful motor to get me up hills?