Any DIY parts or Prebuilt boards for under $400?

Racestars are good motors. I have two 6368 260kv. Just take care of them and they’ll run no problem.

1 Like

Wow, I thought 2 8000 6s would be plenty

There are dual motor vescs or you can run two singles.

2 Likes

12s1 is good for maybe 7-8 miles depending how aggressive you are.

I’ve have run them on my board and the are the same as evolve motors just custom kv. They are decent but do require some light moding

How do you “take care of them”? Like don’t let them strain on hills by trying to go full speed?

My only requirements are 20mph and high torque for hills. I don’t need very much range

Exactly. Don’t run em through water either. Just take care of them lol. No impacts as well. Just so we’re clear though, this goes for all motors. Motors will last if you maintain them.

I got 5065 and they are great if you are doing hills you will be better off with 2 motors

2 8000mah 6s in series will get you 20mph. But it will get about 7-10 miles. 10 might be pushing it.

1 Like

Right, my only point was that they would cost more and I was not sure I required 2 motors. Just added expenses. I would say the hills by me are max 20% incline

1 Like

That is honestly perfect

2 motors will give you more to get up the hills plus won’t have the extra stress that one motor would have

1 Like

What did you pay for your motors? The comment up above said that he found some for $40 and they were working well.

I paid $40 per motor look up racerstar 5065

1 Like

Yeah people seem to really enjoy them. What vesc and mount did you go with? And does your vesc link to the bluetooth controller?

Bro I’d say you buy TWO 5s lipo batteries to make it 10s because your 180lb and one motor might not be it chief. Second look through this site, they have pretty cheap stuff. Hobbykings also have some cheap motor so.

EDIT: http://www.diyeboard.com/ <=== the site I forgot to link.

1 Like

You sure two 2,7Ah lipos with 25C is the right thing to recommend him?

You forgot to start your statement with bro @Andy87

3 Likes

We not so close yet. Sorry!

4 Likes

well what’s wrong with the batteries i recommended? c rating?