Apple and the Community

At least I know in the end, I know was you who fucked up your children’s way of life. Enjoy, sucker!

(grabs popcorn anticipating reading another load of horse shit)

This is like Stockholm Syndrome :smiley:

1 Like

In most discussions with friends and family I just take a random side and obliterate any opposition. Than pull out the phone I was bashing the whole time out of my pocket.

changes avatar to apple logo

What a badass. I bet your 12 year old cousin never saw that coming.

4 Likes

My biggest issue with apple is paying the highest price per gig of storage of any other device on the market

3 Likes

I can see the giant new Apple building from our front deck, like a vast frisbee. I like Apple and think they have great products. I don’t get the Apple attitude. Do you think Google is your friend? Microsoft? Facebook? Oracle? In some ways Apple is a cut above.

Corporations aren’t friends, they are in business to make money. Period. All of them. It’s actually a breach of fiduciary duty and illegal for an executive team to something that doesn’t further that goal. It’s up to consumers to support what is good in our world.

The problem is apple chooses to do that by making software development and innovation more expensive, and they do it on purpose. Do you think Chinese software innovators have to deal with apple crap? They don’t. They can freely innovate.

That means, in the long run, they have an advantage over us. Because a lot of us drink the Kool-Aid.

Lol about having to actually pay for it :upside_down_face:

Let’s talk about what could have been done with iOS just to make it a tiny bit more usable…

• fingerprint ID home button is crippled, why not make it a proper multi function button? A simple “touch to go back” in addition to the known “press to home” would improve it tremendously. “double tap” to multi-task would also be great. “Keep pressed to lock screen”. That’s ergonomic, Meizu has done it for years

• horizontal the shit outta multi tasks, so you don’t need both hands to close down apps by swiping in a natural direction. Sometimes originality sucks :duck:

• stop asking iTunes ID for every damn app update, what’s the point really

• Do like Google, just offer free picture storage in the cloud.

• get downloaded documents running and share through USB ; allow copy paste to the phone

• Ever heard of keyboard swipe / SwiftKey? Cause we’re closing in 2019. Edit : thanks to @jadatmag for the info, this one is actually available. That’s a huge step forward!

List can go on, but just these upgrades would turn half assed iPhones into great phones.

Also that, and not crippling the software development community would help a lot.

1 Like

Let me just respond to a single picked out point you made.

:joy:

1 Like

Not going to happen since the cloud itself is a product. Along with the fact that GB locking is also the pricing model.

Not understanding this one completely , documents can be moved to iphones usb (iTunes) and wirelessly. It can even be airdropped. Also confident that documents can be copied as pasted since I copy photos on my phone and paste them on my computer and vice versa

Running an X here so I don’t remember how it is on previous models but nothing I do on my phone requires two hands, especially with assistive touch.

Can’t really comment on the other stuff since I never felt the need for them. I honestly never felt the need for a lot of the things the iPhone has, but it’s pretty neat that it has it. And that’s the thing. Nothing about the iPhone has been so “Gosh Darnnit” enough for me to want anything else.

I don’t think corporate profits are bad. They pay for innovation. Apple isn’t making innovation more expensive. Quite the opposite, I know many who make a nice living building apps for their store. They do insist on a uniform experience for costumers. The high dollar application sales are on the Apple platform.

I build software that runs on Windows and Macintosh. I use both every day. Everything about Mac is better, from the development environment to the OS. But if you don’t want to use Apple then there is always Android. Stolen from Apple, BTW.

1 Like

I love apple products you don’t have to have a app in the App Store to download something to a Mac it just has to be compatible. If you want something on your phone or iPod or iPad then yes you need to do it by the App Store. Macs are great because they basically do not get viruses. Yes they can get them but it is so much easier on a windows system. One of the most photographed building in NYC is the apple store that is the glass cube. Apple has a solid and refined look to them. Plus safari is awesome and has been the default browser for years windows default browser is internet explorer.

This is 100% false

This is 100% false, and you of all folks know better. You’re just a fanboi is all. It’s simple.

1 Like

I love all my freedom and storage space. I love customizing my phone. I love that I don’t look like every girl between the ages of 10 and 20. Apple just feels intuitively backwards to me. The profit vs innovation on their part is embarrassing. By locking themselves up so much, they’ve basically monopolized their sect of followers. I generally lean samsung but that’s the joy of android. There is so much innovation and change between brands.

3 Likes

You’re definitely at least 30

1 Like

£2699 for a MacBook with the same spec as a £1200 Lenovo. Think that Apple user will be getting a new laptop every year? Probably not the majority.

So the software needs to be backwards compatible with systems upwards of 5 years old to ensure these extremely high priced computers can be used for over half a decade. That stifles innovation Bill.

You’ll know that the majority of computing breakthroughs (post initial pc release) came before shit got super expensive and hardware was easy to upgrade and fix. Software development was rampant because hardware could keep up and enthusiasts weren’t afraid of pushing the boundaries.

2 Likes

I will say that my MacBook is 5 years old and it still runs like it is brand new. Something I couldnt say about the last pc laptop I had

2 Likes

Battery life? Screen? Body materials? Looks? Quality? SSD read/write speed? Wireless chip? Status?- or do you only wear cheap as fuck clothes and drive a Toyota Yaris iA?

I have a Razer blade with a Nvidia 1060 and would NEVER get a mac for myself non-work related. But dude, make normal comparisons :joy:

You make the same kind of comparisons my old boss made. He wen’t from a 500 dollar windows pc with an i3 and a HDD to a 3000 dollar Mac with SSD and i7 and said OSX is way better then Windows. I don’t agree with the both of you.

1 Like

Ive have the complete opposite experience with my mac about, 10% of the time it needs to be fixed.

Because of all the possibility’s, customization’s and different hardware support on Windows it tends to fill up with crap faster.

With the Berlin walled eco system OSX stays faster. It’s perfect for professionals who don’t like to geek around so much to keep their system tidy. Me? I just reinstall windows every 2 years.

1 Like