Atom Camper - EMTB - MBS - Dual FOCBOX - 10s12p

Like a drag cars wheelie bar?

4 Likes

That’s pretty much the goal, yeah

2 Likes

How much range are you expecting on this?

With 8 inch pneumatics: 53%20PM

vs

With 125mm Trampa Gummies (future upgrade) 07%20PM

On my 12s 8p pack I am only getting 25miles. Not sure what the problem is.

Check all the connections, and make sure everything is properly aligned with your drivetrain.

Are you talking like cold solder joints? I have the etoxx direct drive without any grease at the moment

With that drive properly aligned on a 12s8p pack you should be getting crazy range. What cells/battery are you using? If it’s low quality the range is likely bc of a broken joint somewhere in the parallel groups.

That is what is confusing me. 25r cells with NESE moldules

Hmm… that’s weird. I’ve never used the modules before, maybe someone else with experience might know of a potential flaw that causes parallel groups to disconnect. Either way it might be good to just double check every last part of your board.

1 Like

Today was going to be a great day… I was going to come home at about 6:00ish after 10 hours of school, open my belts on the counter, put them on the board, and go for a ride (and take those pictures that I’ve been promising everyone). Unfortunately, the day did not turn out as planned because I messed up my measurements and 420mm is too long - I needed 415mm belts. They have been ordered and will arrive on Thursday. In the meantime - anyone want 420-5M-15 belts? Free + shipping.

1 Like

could you install an idler in the meantime to use the 420mm belt?

Unfortunately no, the way these mounts are designed it’s difficult to do that. The 420mm belts may yet come in handy though, I have a feeling 11:72t on the pulleys might slip regardless of the belt length.

2 Likes

@anorak234 Just so you know, I figured out the range issue. I pumped up my tire to 50psi from the 35psi they were at and got to 31 mile range which seems to be about right. Your energy consumption should be around 28wh/mi on a dual setup not 18 FYI. Edit: I believe that efficiency is normally set around 85% for our motors and setup.

Sounds good - I should get my projected range then, it said 38 miles with 75% efficiency and 25wh/mile, I imagine that 28wh/mile at 85% efficiency will counteract that.

Sounds like sound logic. My pack is only about 100wh less than yours so if you do the math your should get about 1/9 more range than me.

1 Like

I figure since pnuematics are the big draw, I’ll just grab some trampa gummies for the holidays and make it a street hybrid. Do you happen to know if gummie urethane can be put on the MBS atom hubs? That would make my life a lot easier…

I saw that gummies fit on the evolve hubs so I would go out on a limb and say that they should but I have no evidence to back up my derision.

1 Like

My understanding is that the Trampa gummies fit MBS Rock Starts and Rockstar II’s. I don’t know about any of the other MBS wheels.

2 Likes

I got impatient waiting for belts and managed to figure out some temporary tensioners… went for a quick run up and down my driveway. The belts are still too long, tensioners make it rideable but braking is an immediate shredder. Anyways… for anyone wondering how to use tensioners with the older models of @Idea mounts: image image

4 Likes