Bad crash takes me out of the game for awhile

Get well soon. As a former cyclist, road rash is part of the game. Hot showers and scrubbing with a rough sponge or loofa to avoid scabs forming and cleaning the wounds is the standard approach. Yes, it is as painful as it sounds but accelerates the healing.

1 Like

I use freezing water not to mess with my wounds :snowflake:, I’ll google what ur talking about later.

People don’t tend to use Hydrogen Peroxide anymore as its so aggressive and kills damaged and undamaged cells, making the healing take longer, and makes scaring worse. I’m not sure you’ll find doctors or nurses recommending it anymore.

Just soap and water should be enough.

Thing is just plain soap is actually really good at its job.

1 Like

Sometimes people say things that make it a greater conversation than it already was. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I think you’re not supposed to use peroxide these days. It used to be big but more recently I’ve heard it takes away good stuff you need for healing

1 Like

Well, How you doing @TheFluffiest any new cool scars?

2 Likes

Damn! I just saw this, sorry about the fall, scars will tell stories to your grandkids

2 Likes

I definitely do! I show people whenever they ask why I wear a helmet :joy: I have a ton of scars from just two falls, but that’s a risk I knew coming into the hobby :joy:

@Eboosted Indeed they will! I won’t have any cool war stories or anything, but I can certainly tell them about awesome crashes and bails. “Back in my day, we actually had WHEELS…” I can imagine it now!

4 Likes

Grandson: wheels, what are those for? Why didn’t you just pressed the reverse gravity button and fly back home?

2 Likes