Beauxsted Board | Second Build | Vanguard | Custom Frankentroller | 12s Dual 6355 190kv | Split Enclosure

Thanks! Honestly, at this point I couldn’t tell you, I have been slowly building it for nearly 6 months. I will have a think though and see what I come out with!

1 Like

hands down, one of the cleanest builds on here :heart_eyes: ! Didn’t you feel the urge to use 18650 on this build ? Also how are you attaching the wheel pulley to the kegels without a retainer ring ? Glued ?

1 Like

Thanks man! I did, but then when I looked at cost, having to get tools or someone to weld for me, and the possibility of voltage sagging, I just ended up grabbing some Lipo’s and being done with it. Definitely a possible future upgrade though.

The pulleys are simply bolted on the same as they would with a retainer, except the bolts tighten up against the holes in the core:

(Bad pic sorry!)

So far I have seen zero movement or bolt loosening (Loctite all the things) or anything, but will be keeping an eye on them anyway!

3 Likes

Very good looking build indeed! Congrats man. I’m jealous! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice! Curious as to why you didn’t just use the Benchwheel as is and instead transplanted the internals of the mini remote.

1 Like

See here from another thread:

Gotcha! Weird, since my experience with pairing on startup has been nearly instantaneous. I’ve never had a problem with the deadzone, but I can see how you might. Either way, amazing job on both the board and remote. Certainly wish I had the time to learn more about electronics and hardware.

2 Likes

Maybe I got myself a dud! I may look into getting another to see… Thanks for the kind words!

@Jackw this is the best build I’ve seen here, it’s so perfect you might want to consider to hang it on the wall for daily praising.

Congrats, you are raising the bar on Vanguard builds!

Get 40 Samsung 30Q for the next upgrade they are really worth it.

2 Likes

Amazing build!! I love it when people put as much effort into the form as they do the function! How does it compare to the real Boosted as far as price, speed, flex, etc? Certainly inspiring me for my next build.

1 Like

Wow this is really my dream board awesome man!

2 Likes

Such a sexy build :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’re using a BMS am I correct, what is your charge port and charger?

1 Like

Thanks! As far as cost, I’m not too sure as I have been building it on and off for about 6 months and haven’t been keeping a running total (I might try and work it out though), speed wise I’ve hit 25mph with plenty of power left, but still yet to do a max speed/range test. Boosted’s battery is 99Wh compared to 222Wh on my board for some idea. The flex is exactly the same as both my board and the Boosted use flex 3 Vanguards.

Cheers! Yes I am using a BMS, if you look at the internals shot you can see it tucked underneath at the front of the batteries. I’m just using a 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC jack (under the power switch) with a 50.4v “Laptop” style charger.

This is a beautiful build. I wouldn’t have even noticed it was DIY if I saw it going down the road! I plan on running my power leads from the batteries to the vescs through the deck on my next build like yours, should keep things clean!

1 Like

Ever so slightly jealous of this build, props dude :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great job :+1: Very clean and slick.

1 Like

Don’t suppose you have a schematic for this build?

2 Likes

Hmm, a schematic? Like a wiring diagram?

1 Like

Yeh like that, I’m just curious

Also, I love the name, very clever!