Behind the Scenes | Raptor Electric Skateboard Production Process

Good video, nice pants! Can’t wait to see people carving the road with these badass boards on youtube. Are you planning to become a competitor of Boosted Boards? :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t he already? hehe

3 Likes

Really great tips for things we often take for granted. Perfect video to share for those looking to dip into eboarding. You’re killing it with the videos man, keep it up!

2 Likes

What Enertion are trying to archieve is the best eboard you can get at the moment. Its the board that Boosted owners will upgrade to when their bored with seeing other riders with the same Boosted. The bonus for us is were helping and seeing an Aussie Company take them on and in fact are the benchmark. And you have the ability to make your own with their help. :+1:

2 Likes

so how do you like the raptor? just received mine, and waiting on the battery for the controller to charge. im so anxious

1 Like

I hope someone makes an unboxing video! capturing the delight of seeing the raptor for the first time.

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading/watching some Raptor reviews! Who’ll be the first??

I have my recently-arrived S.P.A.C.E. cell battery charged, as well as my GoPro, so I am all set for an unboxing video. All I need is the Raptor. Unfortunately, it’s not set to arrive until next week. :frowning: Even if I’m not the first, I plan to do an unboxing video as well as a review. There are so many reviews of inferior boards. I want to get the word out that there is another, better performance board option!

2 Likes

I wish i could do an unboxing video… but it would be a bit weird!

So i wait in anticipation to see all yours!

2 Likes

Ive just taken it out around my local bike track and its awesome bombing it up the hills. So much torque. Still on a learning curve with use.

2 Likes

SOOO envious right now! Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

I received my Raptor dual a few minutes ago. I went ahead and made a (pretty crappy) unboxing video seeing as how there isn’t one here, yet. (It might still be processing.) I made this with my phone. My phone kept overheating while trying to shoot 4K, so it’s pieced together from a few videos. I guess I should have tried in 1080P. I apologize for the lack of production quality and whatnot. Hopefully this video can wet your appetites until someone else does a better job. Hopefully that happens quickly…

I have some questions for others who have or will soon have their Raptors. What package did you receive your chargers in, was it the box with the S.P.A.C.E cell battery or the board itself? If you ordered the fast charger (at a discount) did that replace the normal charger? If you received both chargers, which package did each come in? If the fast charger replaces the normal charger is it possible to buy a normal charger somewhere? It seems the normal charger is more compact and portable than the fast charger. Is that correct? I have seen @longhairedboy’s S.P.A.C.E cell unboxing (great video!) and it seems the battery came with a normal charger in the box. It also seemed that the included cable was incorrect for his region. Have Raptor’s been shipping with the correct cables for their region? Do that fast charger and normal charger use the same cable?

Did your battery come charged? If so, did you simply press the power button to see the charge level on the LCD? Does anyone know specifically how the charging port cap is intended to be used? It seems that it might need to simple be pressed between the top cover and the battery to remain in place during use. Is this correct?

I’ve seen the video about charging the remote. Are there any other instructions for it’s use? Will it need to be paired with the board? If so, how is that done. If not, is there any way that it could become unpaired in the future? Do the buttons on the end of the remote (labeled A&B) have, or do they allow for, any additional function?

Lastly, if that battery won’t power on is there anyway to “jump-start” it with other charges I might have access to. I have quite a few chargers lying around (for single or dual cell 18650 flashlights, and) for various things. I also have a friendly neighbor who is into RC cars and planes. If it is possible to “jump-start” or charge the battery with something other than the Enertion chargers, If so, what should I look for in terms of specifications and connection type? Maybe after a “jump-start” I get enough power to turn it on and throw it on a treadmill for some re-gen braking???

Hello I try to answer some of your questions even if I´m a noob. In my case the space cell came with the charger included and pre charged. I don’t want to scare you but when your Space cell isn’t able to power on you could have a faulty one. I have heard from a guy in this forum who had a faulty switch and the battery wasn’t able to stay on. Maybe you can press the button for some time and see if it powers on. When it doesn’t power on something is damaged and you have to troubleshoot. The space cell should always be able to power on even when the display shows 0% the pack still has 36 volt left. What I mean is that the display should work everytime. Btw. Have you checked the fuse? The fast charger is bigger. An alternative charger should have 48 Volt and some amps (more is better but max. 5A I think). If you know somebody with an e-bike maybe he can help you. I think the power cord is always the same (maybe china) but easy to replace. Just grab a old notebook charger and unplug the cable from the brick. Even if I like the treadmill idea I don’t think it’ll work because your circuit (motor, esc, space cell) looks like its not closed. I wish you luck and hope its just a broken fuse so you can ride later.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I knew I had a problem, not having a charger. I didn’t know my battery might be so messed up. I’m headed out the door in a few minutes, but I will hold the button down for some length later and report the results. I’m hoping to Skype with @onloop later. I’m sure we will get it all worked out. I wish I was riding today… I’m sure the wait will be worth it though.

Do you have both chargers? Did both come with your battery? Did I understand correctly that they both come with the wrong cable (for Switzerland) but use the same one?

Again, thank you very much for the information.

I only have the SLOW charger so I can’t answer that. But I think both come with the wrong cable. I know that Howser lives in Swiss too maybe you can visit him for a charge or borrow the slow charger. You should check the fuse. Fingers crossed :wink: I’m happy that I could help. Edit: The fuse doesn’t matter while charging.

I received a charger with my battery, but I have no idea which one it is. I ordered the fast charger, and I assumed it was in addition to the slow charger, so what arrived with the battery could be either one (my intent was to have 1 at work and 1 at home). My battery did arrive almost completely charged (92%). I was able to charge it to 100% using the charger that came with.

1 Like

the unpacking video i did was on a space cell with the “slow” charger. I’m not really sure why they call it the “slow” charger, its still faster than my outboard 6S “fast charger”, but i guess its slower than the “fast charger” for the space cell. My board is always charged by the time i’m ready to ride it again. it never takes more than 2.5 hours, and after riding for an hour and half, i’m usually the one that’s not ready to ride again yet.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

I’m glad to hear I wasn’t the only one expecting both the fast and normal charges when adding on the fast charger. Does your charger have a fan built into it? Is it built from plastic or metal? My understanding is the normal charger is fan-less and made of plastic while the fast charger has a fan and is made of metal. There are a couple of unboxing videos on YouTube that show the battery arriving with the normal charger. I assume you haven’t received your raptor yet. When you do, if it hasn’t already been made clear here, would you mind letting us know if the fast charger came with your Raptor?

The charger I received with my battery is definitely metal and definitely has a fan. I think I saw one battery unboxing video, but I don’t recall seeing the charger, so hence my confusion. Sounds like I have the fast charger. If the other charger does not ship with my board I guess I’ll need to get one.

1 Like