Benchwheel pairing issues

Same here, mine only shows the very top blue light during charging. When i turn it on, only the lowest red light is illuminated.

Still can’t get this bloody thing to pair though! :frowning:

This is what I’m trying…

• Power on remote (do i need to hold the button from this point?)
  • Turn on the ESC
  • Immediately hold down the white button on the receiver
  • After a few seconds remote beeps twice (but nothing has happened)
  • Leave for at least 7 seconds, holding down both red and white buttons (nothing happens)
  • After a while RX stops flashing blue (nothing still)
  • Blue light on TX is still flashing (top light for low speed)

What am I doing wrong? :frowning:

Mine only has the top and bottom lights too. I was under the impression that the middle 3 are for the power left in a benchwheel boards battery.

I would think you’ll need to be holding down the button on the remote from the start to get it into bind mode.

Have you grown 7 extra hands recently?

Haha! Exactly! My Dad was round just now so I got him to help with the extra hands, still no luck. I’ll make a video to demonstrate…

Just to be clear…

1. When pairing, the step where you turn on the remote means hold the remote button down & do not release until the remote is paired.
  2. When I talking about the light on the remotes lighting up from 1 to 5, I mean when the remote is charging. Like here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZlT0WzyyGQ&feature=youtu.be

This is how mine looks whilst charging…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg2Kzo8M3rY

That is so weird, where did you buy yours?

From Benchwheel, AliExpress

I got one from there & 1 from MEB, they both charge the same. The one with my kids Benchwheel Dual 1800 does too. So freekin weird.

Here’s me trying to pair this thing! I wait for 7 seconds but nothing, although when I release the white button, the flashing light stays solid blue, indicating to me that it’s paired, but then the remote keeps flashing…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tADtx97P-M8

Try powering up the board 1st. The connect the RX, hole the white button n the RX and power on the remote (while keeping the remote power button depressed, do not release) all within a second or so of each other. I think I remember someone having that issue and powering on the ESC before hand, for a few seconds let it be fully running, seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks.

Still nothing. :frowning:

I’ve contacted them, one of them must be dud. I saw a video on YT where a guy pairs it to his actual BW board, he gets the first beep (on), then the two beeps that I get and then a third which actually looks like it’s signifying the pairing. I don’t get that third beep!

I actually don’t get the 3rd beep either, just 2. But the RX is solid and the remote is solid, so I know its good. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever spent more than 60 seconds pairing one of these remotes. I’m thinking your RX and remote are mismatched or something.

Yeah tell me about it, this is ridiculous!! :frowning:

Hopefully I’ll get some joy with Benchwheel

Benchwheel have responded. They’ve seen my video, they agree it’s a product fault and are arranging for a replacement…

Let’s see if this happens!

Great, good luck.

1 Like

Turns out they sent me their scooter remote! Not the DIY one.

They’re sending me a replacement remote FOC.

Hopefully it won’t take forever to arrive…

That’s crazy, glad you got it worked out.

1 Like

I finally received my replacement remote from Benchwheel a few days ago, pleased to say that it’s now paired and working, just need to get me a new ESC now with decent brakes… Would love a VESC but they’re so expensive :frowning:

What do you do about throttle trim for the Benchwheel remote?

1 Like