Benchwheel remote & receiver

Yes mine definitely says remote and receiver. Will update when it arrives.

Hmmm, mine doesn’t :frowning:

Maybe I did cock up :rolling_eyes:

I ordered one as well but just received the transmitter. I checked my order and it was for both Tx and Rx, I emailed and instead of shipping the Rx they gave me my money back and said keep the Tx. Anyone know where I can get a receiver.

1 Like

What was the answer from Benchwheel. Do they have receivers in stock?

I got one and it is super nice, the throttle is smooth, and it feels more solid than the Winning.

Bought the DIY Kit with Rx+Tx.

Do you have a link to the one that you bought so that we can see if it is the same one. Doesn’t fill me with confidence that 2 people above have both not received a receiver (even though my order explicitly says Remote + Receiver). I suppose if they refund and you can find a receiver that will work with it then you’ll be well in front. Not sure how you could check compatibility though - I guess its more complicated than just both being 2.4Ghz?

Contact the seller and he will give you the answer what he sent to you. He answered always pretty fast.

They apologized and said due to stock restrictions we returned your money. They were very nice about it.

They contacted me. Turns out I did just order the remote (shmuck!), but said if I pay just $14 more through paypal then they’d send me a receiver too…

So I did…

I’ll just wait to see if that turns up…

2 Likes

Ordered it through Taobao, I live in China :sunglasses:

1 Like

So my benchwheel has arrived and I can confirm it came with a receiver. Remote seems doa though. Will try and charge it now but no leds are lighting up on power press and there is an ominous rattle from inside the remote.

Must add though that if it works this will be a winner. Comfortable to hold and nice feel to the thumb control.

Mine was dead. Took a long time to charge first time but was OK after that.

2 Likes

New report. It’s alive! Charged and seems to work. Won’t know for sure until I can power up the receiver and VESC and test it. Will probably take apart at some point and investigate the rattling. Happy so far.

1 Like

Good work.

On my side, I was told that the receiver could not be paired with the remote I had once it had left their factory, so getting a separate receiver is not an option. Makes you wonder why they sell them separately in the first place!!!

I have to send my remote back and order both together! :frowning:

I won’t do that now though because my board accident (where I popped my knee sideways) has put me out of action for the next 6-8 weeks! :frowning:

Ouch - That sounds nasty and at Christmas time too! Hope you have a quick recovery.

That is a strange one. I assume that this means that the one I have will be already paired. Hopefully so as the instructions are terrible otherwise.

The receiver looks pretty simple so hopefully plug and play once the VESC arrives.

It was pretty nasty, found myself breathing through the pain on the pavement/sidewalk like Peter Griffin! Lol. Managed to haul my ass up on my board to sit on it to ride it home. Lucky I was just round the corner… There was, and is, a lot of pain… sprained a ligament.

Yeah your remote and receiver will definitely be pre-paired, no worries about that… happy boarding!

2 Likes

So why do they describe the pairing in the manual? When I received mine I did the pairing, maybe it wasn’t necessary.

Well that’s annoying! :unamused:

I ordered one of these things from aliexpress and it came without a receiver after about a month… I ordered a couple from MEB, got them a couple days later, one quit working after I switched into slow mode and they replaced it quickly. Besides the one that quit working after switching to slow mode, I haven’t had any drop outs. When you first get one of these remotes play with it and make sure the throttle is not sticking. The other day after getting my new remote I turned my board on and started rolling downhill on it, then I hit the power button on the remote and busted my ass because the throttle was stuck on full. I opened up the remote, shaved off a tiny bit of plastic and it wont happen again…