Benchwheel remote & receiver

i got one as well then our customs asked me for a CE certificate like if i am importing a military radar, fucking assholes , thanks god i got a wii nunchuck or i would of been stuck with a board and no remote lol

1 Like

That cat down in Miami sells these, I got one from him.

heā€™s cool

MEB = miamielectricboards.com. Those guys stood behind their remote and fixed the problem ASAP. Why roll the dice and order from China with a month wait, when you can support an (hopefully) American, get what you ordered in a couple days, and have a warranty? Best remote, best vendor for it imoā€¦

1 Like

I bought stuff from miami, he was great to deal with and a huge help.

Can anyone post the manual?

I cannot get the reciever to work. The remote seems fine charges lights up, ect. But I canā€™t get the reciever to light up or pair or do anything. Tried both channels still nothing

1 Like

The manual that @yaca posted does not show this, but I messed around with the two buttons on the receiver (pressed them both at the same time) and was able to bring a receiver back to life.

1 Like

your receiver has two buttons? Mine has only one.

Mine only has one if it makes you feel any better. Not tried it yet though so canā€™t say if it is working or not.

Dammit! It is only one botton. I was thinking of something else. I held the one button down while trying to bind when nothing else worked.

Yep I did the same thing, and they insist itā€™s my faultā€¦

How is it that multiple people make the same mistake but they do not question their process ?

Just want to know if the LED of your receivers also has a undefined blue flashing or is it a constant blue light? Thanks!

Is anyone interested in reverse engineering the Benchwheel remote ?

Iā€™m pretty sure it would be possible to graft an arduino nano and some xbee chip if we could figure out what the remote board sends to the Benchwheel ā€œtransmitter daughter cardā€

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a Benchwheel I could take the RX out while connected and measure it, if you wanna tell me how to do said measurement.

I frankly have no idea how to reverse engineer such protocol. I just have the intuition that it canā€™t be that hard. I imagine youā€™d need to have a logic analyzer such as this [1]. Or at the very least an oscilloscope.

[1] https://www.saleae.com/

Nobody can give me an answer?

Hey all!

Is there any shop out there that sells these except aliexpress and can ship globally? With the reciever included?

Thanks!

@amc https://electric-skateboard.market/product/small-handheld-remote/ Although global shipping on these are pretty expensive

I just bought one of the cheapest logic analyzer on ebay that is compatible with this program [1] $6 for 8 channel, 24mhz logic analyzer. Not bad!

Hopefully this will be enough for me to rewire the benchwheel remote with Arduino nano + xbee transmitter / receiver.

[1] http://sigrok.org/wiki/Supported_hardware#Logic_analyzers

Does anyone know if you can take 5v from the spare 3 pins? Need a 5v from somewhere to power a battery voltage display and this seems a simple way to do it if it works?