Benchwheel remote & receiver

I tested the battery in the past, here are the results.

What do you mean by “you did the motor detection, but you didn’t apply it & save”? So you also suggest to raise the motor max higher then 60amp?

if you look at your BLDC values pic in the Detect Parameters section you will see…

But in the Sensorless section those values have not been applied…

I would leave the Current Limits as they are, you might lower the Batt Min to -15 until you can test the breaks, but they look fine.

Great info right there, didn’t know I was supposed to press the Apply button. Done, thank you.

I will keep with the motor load testing tomorrow, but for now, do you know what’s wrong with the remote settings?

Your PPM tab looks fine to me, it may just be that you need to test it with a load on the board with the power settings correct on the remote. Id try it and see what it does.

Ur motor spins backwards because ur 3 phase wires aren’t in correct order. Switch 2 of them up until it spins correctly. Also ur battery cutoff levels need to be changed to 30 and 28 for 10s

Same as darkkevind 15min or so…:disappointed: no other backup for the moment

a little offtopic… but it seems that benchwheel won’t sell the remote and receiver anymore

they don’t sell the receiver apart…

Ok, i somehow doubt it’s both. my fail^^

It’s back in stock. I just ordered one.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just ordered one! :grin:

Is the battery soldered onto the board or connected with a connector?

You can see it on a foto in the first post here. It is soldered.

Benchwheel remote users, I tried mine and it has a dead zone on acceleration. No big deal, though, I have to get used to it.

I was wondering if you guys have that dead zone too.

I looked in the Vesc tool, and I confirm that it’s coming from the remote. There’s just nothing happening when pushing the thumb joystick (or whatever it’s called), up to a certain point.

Also, I was wondering if it’s possible to make the battery indicator working using some soldering, like it is on the Maytech remote http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-maytech-mtskr1712-remote-receiver-42-shipping/26981/23?u=louwii Could be useful.

1 Like

You can change the dead zone in vesc tool, the default setting is 15% try with 5%

Thanks à lot, that did help. I went down to 2%, still have a dead zone but it’s way better

I’m split between this and a photon remote but is it even possible to get these anymore?

I’m also having issues with the remote. Compared to the winning, lots of delay when accelerating and braking. Really quite scary and dangerous.

Tweaked all the settings around deadband etc and no luck. Exact same settings on winning were amazing.

Any ideas?

Anyone know where to buy just the receiver? got my benchwheel today and it didn’t come with one, could have sworn it said it did in the eBay listing and it was in the photo.