BERGMEISTER Easter Sale

Green FTW, keep your king Midas fingies off ma green

5 Likes

recieved mine, quick and nice!

BTW: Timo, can you explain why there is such a big gap in your press pulley conception? i printed one, but i would take 5mm off at least from the side @riverside.rider IMG_4281

1 Like

There is a step file that you could mod to win the 5mm :wink:
(you are not using it with the kahua truck or haggy drive or mount ?)

nope, will use it with TB. I will mod it of course, just wondering why it is as it is.

You definitely want some stand off there because as you ride, the tire can flex and move a bit. Too close and it is bumping into the pully, especially if you are running lower tire pressures.

5 Likes

Hi @angeljmm: we played around with a couple of different designs and the idea was to have a pulley that fits both: evolve GT trucks as well as TB trucks while still being able to use an inner pulley bearing (with 28mm outer diameter). That is mainly the reason why there is such a big gap. Feel free to change it to your gusto. Which material did you use for the print out?

I use Polymax (from polymaker), seems to be 9 time more resistant then PLA and 20% better than ABS. Very easy to print. Only drawback is cost…

I allready have used this material with a my eclectirfied scooter still working since 1 year…

I hope it will be OK, but wait for you proposal also…

2 Likes

This one? @angeljmm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Polymax+filament&rh=p_76%3A419158031&dc&qid=1556558566&rnid=419157031&ref=sr_nr_p_76_1

yes, polymaker is the brand

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust the Polymax PLA even modified. In the end it’s still PLA, in the sun and friction could soften the PLA enough to fail. Polymaker themself state typical softening temperatures of ~60°C for the Polymax PLA.

I really like the Polymax PC and PolyLite PC though. I literally cant brake a 20 mm x 60 mm x 2.5 mm piece without tools. <= something I could do with any 3dprinted material so far except nylon and TPU (cause of the flex). And the PC manages this while it’s reasonable stiff, I would say PET-G like, the PolyLite a tad more. The Polymaker PCs so far printed also really well, as long you can print with ~250°C and have a bed that can do 90°C you are good to go on PEI at least. The smell is also way better than any ABS, PC or PS I had so far.

4 Likes

You’re gonna throw me a review like that with no links?!?!

Am I to search these terms like some sort of savage?

Thanks for the honest review though :wink:

1 Like

finally going @moon way… metal better than any plastic!

Preorder - 60T 15mm Bergmeister 6061-T6 Aluminium Pulleys $37.5 Each

5 Likes

I will buy it!!!