Best, most reliable, easy to do GT2B mod

I’ve managed to buy a fs-gt2b but it didn’t come with the battery. Does any one know the part number of the actual lion cell as I don’t really want to buy the extortionately priced fs1700 battter to just end up cutting off the connections and plastic carrier anyway.
Also can any one in the uk recommend a online 3D print service. The few local ones i’ve Tried before always end up with a poor print with not very good tolerances. Thanks. Rich

Next time someone has the fs-b800 battery stripped down can you measure the HxWxL please so I can find an equivent cell of similar dimension thanks.

Holy $hit balls @joeadams101 just what we were talking about. print me one too if you’re gonna do it. I have that wonky case that someone sold me here.

Ha! @MasterCho you posted it with my tutorial! thanks

3 Likes

Gone with another local 3d printing service and got them to do it in orange ABS. I’ve also found a 900mA 1 cell lion battery from a old sony erison phone which fits in the original case hopefully will strip down and fit in the new enclosure. What size and length are the two bolts you need for the mod.

The battery I was going to use was too big so I ended up using a BL-B5 890mAh 1 cell liion battery which is quite a common battery and cheap on ebay. Dimension are 46 mm x 33 mm x 5 mm so works quite well in this enclosure.

1 Like

Was this case designed to be held in a particukar hand. I hold my remotes in my right back hand but this one does feel to fit in the left hand better.

I don’t think it was designed to be a right or left hand, it’s just for the buttons and dials.

in the right hand, the thumb fits comfortably over the battery hump. It the left hand, the battery hump fits well into the left palm, so I guess it just work in both hands well

What size are those two machine screws you are using?

@Wallgreeens M3x16 I believe

I talked to the Mike dude and he said the same thing. Thank you for getting back to me.