Best remote you've used

I just put together the GT2B ($28.99) with the MasterCho 3D printed case ($28.50) Total was $57.49. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this mod but want to use this, I’m willing to do it for you for $2.51 just to make it an even $60 cost. I can ship it for free from my office.

After testing this remote out with my own build, I notice one great thing. There’s plenty of travel on the trigger that the Mini didn’t have, which in turn gave more throttle control.

https://www.amazon.com/2-4GHz-3-Channel-Transmitter-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B00FS2U9BA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509491082

5 Likes

that is the deal of deals! Will the remote work for lefties? @Sapphirinia sounds like you could have a damn good working part here at least. I think your history on this site has been a story of failure from the start more than any other person.

1 Like

It’s actually not bad in my left hand. That top curvature of the battery hump feels good with my right thumb. In the left the index finger rests in that spot. I’m actually looking into making more to replace a mini and a nano-x as well.

are you still up to do it?

Never seen you around. Do you have the horrible luck she has or are you just lazy? Hahaha. I’m actually getting a few more in. Planning to make a video of the mod

1 Like

hehehe… just horrible luck… I almost bought the mini… but after seen your setup… and review… I changed my mind…

It’s a really easy mod. Just cut wire. Two tiny solder. And trim away plastic. I’ll post video once the remote and case comes in. If after that you still think it’s too hard I’ll do one for you basically at cost if you live in the states…also I’ll probably sell my Nano-x after the next mod replaces it

great! a video would really help!

I’m a leftie. The Chozen mod works and feels fine in the left hand. I’m used to RC remotes anyway.

1 Like

Video is up…took an hour to mod video edited to 21 minutes. Going to charge $75 for this one that was made if anyone wants to buy it.

6 Likes

thanks bro!

I was just talking to a representative from Enertion’s website asking about the Nano-X remote which is currently on sale, and I asked if there is a way to order an extra transmitter since I’ll be using 2 VESC’s to power my Carvon V4’s, and they said no, but I could buy 2 since they’re on sale! So… they said they will work with any transmitters as long as their on the right frequency, but I don’t know where to find just a transmitter, without having to buy a remote with it. Do you guys know of any places that sell just transmitters, or how do you get your Carvon V4’s to work with 2 VESC’s? Is it possible to use just one transmitter? I eventually plan on getting another set of V4’s and going 4WD, so I’ll need 4 VESC’s, so I will need 4 transmitters then! I’m not buying 4 remotes to get 4 transmitters and have 3 spare remotes… I can see getting 2 and having a spare remote if one breaks, but I’d rather just buy 1 remote, and separately buy transmitters for the remote. Any suggestions? What do you all work Carvon setups use / do?

you only need one receiver. you can connect it to the master vesc and connect the vescs together with canbus. or use a splitter off the receiver. easier to do the canbus I think

1 Like

With the canbus setup though don’t I have to then designate one like master and one slave and some other stuff? I was under the impression this was kinda difficult…?

What if I do a 4WD Carvon set up, would I still be able to use just one between 4 VESC’s?

making one master and one slave is easy.

the vesc has a plug to connect 2 vescs together…for 4…maybe you could splice it don’t know. but surely you can use one receiver.

Get a splitter.

So I have a mini remote but some how my vesc is recognizing the wheel as throttle and the trigger as nothing? Anyone have this happen before and how should I fix it (besides flipping the wires cause that requires accurate soldering and im not that good)? Thanks, Scott

1 Like

plug it into the other spot on the receiver. hows the wheel? never tried it but sounds nice

3 Likes

If you are using a dual set up and splitting the receiver between just plug into a different channel and bind your remote again. Mine was doing the same when I first bought it