Best solution to a On/Off switch

How do you connect the switch to the mosfet. And wouldn’t it decrease the voltage after using the mosfet?

Off:

On:

There will be a small drop in voltage after the mosfet cause everything has a resistance (except superconductors), but power fets have very low resistance so probably nothing to care about.

Braking will just work fine…

1 Like

There is a diode inside and it will just let electricity trough in one direction.

Does anyone know how prebuilt eskates like Evolve and Boosted do their switches?

1 Like

This is the symbol for a mosfet, the orientation of the diodes say if it’s N or P channel.

2 Likes

It goes reverse, the normal flow. So for e.g. You turn off the mosfet but you can still move current backwards like regenerating braking :slight_smile:

1 Like

But how would you connect a switch

And what about using something like the HY4008W it can handle 200a isswnt that plenty. It’s also cheaper

Dunno what is wrong with some of you guys on here

2 Likes

Some people are here because they want a cheap electric skateboard and aren’t here for the “DIY” part. If you’re one of those folks, I will give you a tip: these are better, not cheaper.

3 Likes

Sorry i did not see that but is this schematic the same as the one for the 400A mosfet?

It‘s the same, some components ratings may change with other mosfets.

Have you down this in practice? If so can you share pictures

I did, this is not mine but looks similar. Mine is already shrinked and in use. image

2 Likes

Interesting, 2 question I can’t see a psycical switch here. And where do you ground the mosfet? Just on the negative wire?

You also don‘t see a battery or an esc/motor cause its further away and not shown in pic

If you can‘t read and understand the schematic you should buy a finished switch…

1 Like

Please try to answer. I’m no expert in electronics and I am trying my best to learn but it’s hard if I can’t ask questions

2 Likes