Big Deck or EVO top&bottom mount battery

Didn’t find anything, so I’ll ask

Is it possible to top&bottom mount batteries on a landyachtz evo 39"? Or is there any deck which can?

I’m going to use the TB DirectDrive and TB 110 or maybe pneumatics I could ask Dexter for a 35D Baseplate so it might work on a mountainboard?

Any suggestions?

1 Like

The evo is just a top mount.

you mean bottom, wait a sec i wrote my question wrong

You could top and bottom mount the Evo. Its just gonna take abit more work.

May I ask why you’d want to mount it both ways? You can mount a ton of batteries on the bottom as it is. Enough for even for a 4WD

1 Like

Enclosure not trucks lol

3 Likes

enough for a range of about 80km, but i’d need some more ^^ not joking

1 Like

Oh batterys. I’ve been thinking about this for my spud

I see. Well its just up to you how you want to wire the top mount. Either you drill through the deck or route it around the side. You’re just gonna need to be creative how you build that pack

2 Likes

my question is more; is it stable enough and how do i mount it? should i install an adaptor plate (because of the concave) where i install the box on?

1 Like

The evo is plenty stable for sure as its a Downhill deck.

I would suggest drilling a wide enough hole through the center. You can 3d print the adapter plate and mount it to the top enclosure which could be a pelican case or something but I’m not too familiar with the concave on the Evo so I could be wrong about that.

1 Like

just didn’t know as it’s much weight with all the batteries

prob going to wire it outside, will need some testing first is it still true that long battery wires will damage the vesc? will be using 2 focbox unitys do you think it’s a good idea to make them waterproof and mount them on top of the truck mount? or should i use a casing? and is that ok with cooling?

as i wont have a 3d printer i wont do that but i anyway thought about a thin metal plate, i guess thats also sturdier than some printed plastic

1 Like

I’d go with metal for sure over plastic in many cases such as this. Yes long battery cables can kill vescs which is why you want to use thicker wires coming from the battery. If you want to play it safe you can even go with 8awg like how @Andy87 has if you think wires are going to be lengthy

3 Likes

If you go top mount enclosure, look @ Apache and Pelican cases.

If you go bottom mount, just get a evo enclosure unless you’re good at making your own enclosure. My opinion.

3 Likes

If you mean use a casing for the top mounted batteries then yes definitely.

Not sure what you mean by mounting them on the truck mount. The evo is a dropped down deck not a drop through so there’s no hole on the truck mount to route the wires from the top to the underside enclosure

This will save you more time and effort :smile:

2 Likes

already have the DS bottom enclosure from @Eboosted

thanks for the suggestions

2 Likes

So what are you asking then?

Are you just mounting batteries both top and bottom?

yes, i just wasn’t shure if it’s a good idea to top mount an evo

going for a lot of range…

1 Like

I meant to have the Unitys separated and not stealing battery space

so i would just mount them on top of the truck mount

1 Like

You can top mount most any board as long as there space for the enclosure. Check out Apache and Pelican cases. They have many sizes.

1 Like