Bioboards Thorium X4 - 4WD Geared Drive | Custom made Evo style board | Caliber 2 baseplate | Fatboy 230 Hanger | 12s6p 30Q | 4x Vesc 6.6 | 4xFatboy Gear Drive | 4x 6374 special ordered motors | Metro Pro | Abec 11 107mm

Awsome machine!

1 Like

Me like :heart_eyes:

10 char

1 Like

Nice I like how compact the gear drives are. I tried to do inward mounts with old enertion motor mounts with the same enclosure and there wasn’t enough room so I had to go reverse mount for all 4 motors.

3 Likes

That thing will climb a wall man! awesome build. @Battosaii that thought was crossing my mind too.

3 Likes

Ok ! I’m in :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Here’s a pic of the enclosure painted to match.

Became overly obsessed with tiny swirl marks left by hand sanding with 220 grit. Ended up buying an orbital sander with foam interface for the curved surfaces. Beginning to wonder why they bothered me so much.

12 Likes

Dude your build is so sick, I freaking love it!

1 Like

Just think a couple of rides and it will have scratches. But that photoshoot before hand will be epic :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yeah I know… it’s been a big waste of time. My bigger concern was the top scratches since I won’t be gripping the entire surface. But yeah definitely photos to come.

Not trying to jack this thread. Beautiful build.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you get the motors with such a high kv for a 12s battery pack?

Good thing your using VESC 6, and not the VESC 4.12… Your ERPM is gonna be crazy high with that setup, lol. What is your projected max speed? Keep the pics coming, I love this build :smile:

2 Likes

This is crazy man! :scream:

Can’t wait to see the final pictures and your face the first time you ride it at full throttle :smile:

1 Like

This looks like a really crazy board! Looking forward to when the website is up! (maybe give us EU users a little post here to letus know?)

1 Like

The gear drives itself soon will have its group buy ready for people for want to diy :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Its because i want to have higher top speed and thanks to 4wd i can still have good acceleration and hillclimb. Yes it will be around 85k max i think so thats why i went with vesc 6+ Ty :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha i will sure show it, ty!

I sure will :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense. I was originally planning a 4WD hub build and was going to get custom kv a bit higher for the same reason. I figured that for my first board though I’ll just do a 2WD, but with the new TB 6380’s.

2 Likes

Here is a video of testing the gear drive:

Almost ready for some real action. Just need a few fixes first!

6 Likes

45%20PM

23 Likes

Ok I’m almost ready to ride, just waiting on 2 x longer xt90 splitters. Installed xt90 connector for charge output so I can easy remove the enclosure: IMG_20181014_145831 IMG_20181014_170606

Fixed the canbus cable for 4 vesc IMG_20181014_135258

The vesc I got whas missing JST connector for e switch so soldered new on the vesc today IMG_20181014_173815

2 Likes