BMS Hunting No More

, , , ,

Uuuuhhhh, I kinda of understand but not quite. Sorry for lots of questions but would you have access to a diagram. I can’t find anything on google about bms modules in series

It’s the same principal as taking 2 5S batteries and combining into 10S

BMS 1 B-, b1+,b2+,b3+,b4+,b5+

BMS 2 b5+ from BMS 1 goes to B- of BMS 2 Then continue, b6+,b7+,b8+,b9+,b10+

Use Charge negative from BMS 2

1 Like

This is going to sound stupid but how are the cells connected to bms 1 charged?

Because b5+ from BMS 1 is connected to B- of BMS 2, that’s the link You can either run 2 leads from b5+, one to b5+ of BMS 1 and one to B- of BMS 2 or run a lead from b5+ on BMS 1 itself to BMS 2 B-

I understand how they get connected, but what I can’t get my head around is how the charge runs from bms 2 back to 1.

Actually wait I might get this shit. When I get home in 5 I’ll draw a diagram of how I understand it and post it here, could you just tell me if it’s correct?

1 Like

I think this is correct

Almost, that’s supposed to be charge negative coming from c- on BMS 2

Charge postive is battery positive, doesn’t touch the BMS C+/B+

Lol, yeah I even wrote c- then drew it red

Ok so now I’m even more confused. I know that that’s how it must work but I can’t get my head around how those cells circled in red get a positive charge. I understand how the blue cells get charged but not the red. And thank you so much for helping me this far

Because your charger is connected to the positive of the whole battery and the charge negative of BMS 2 is the total battery negative

Wait a moment am I getting confused because I have bms 1 and 2 around the wrong way?

Probably hahaha

Lord Jesus Christ please help me to not be so stupid next time lol. I know exactly why now. I have the two bms modules the wrong way. Which means that it is only charging the first 5 cells and not the others. So if I was to connect the other bms to the charge port that would send voltage through all 10 cells?

You have it connected correctly just drawn in reverse, regardless, yes You connect charger negative to the 2nd BMS in the series

Ok thanks for all this help, hopefully this helps somebody else to connect their cells with a bms in series. The worst part about all of this is it makes doing it your way with just one less balance lead so much more tempting, haha.

Here is the final and wrong diagram…lol

WRONG…lol You do NOT connect charge to BMS 1

What the fuggin hell. So was it right before I moved the c- to bms 1? If so I just don’t understand how the positive charge flows into the 4 cells on the right hand side

Ok, I kinda get it. So somehow the negative charge from the charger passes through c- on bms 2, then out b- and into b5 on bms 1, and then out of b- on bms 1 and into the battery. I think I might just be over complicating it by trying to picture the flow of electrons

Dude forget c- on BMS 1, I freaking crossed it out, it doesn’t exist