BMS Hunting No More

, , , ,

Sorry my bad I wrote the bms numbers the wrong way, does it seem right now?

Lol yes correct numbers help :rofl: Yes everything is in a chain and will function as a whole

Ok thank you, jeez I over complicate the crap out of stuff sometimes, you should see me in maths class. My teachers get mad cos I question the workings of every single thing. So this proves you have good patience and I’m grateful for that

2 Likes

Awesome napkin diagram :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Napkin? What napkin? That’s genius paper.

1 Like

LOL… If that’s the case should turn the resolution down on camera.

looking forward to your multiple build threads.

1 Like

I have a truly first world problem, trying to come up with names for all of them :rofl:

Once completed and go for a little test spin, it’ll come to you.

on that note tho there aren’t a lot of elegant type names out there for boards… Example “ZOO Lyn” carver (combination of Zoo York & Brooklyn) i would expect clean smooth flowing lines maybe even with some lighter/softer shades of running lights, like an angel floating down the street. or could be a take from Wu-Tang, shaolin ninja style C.R.E.A.M.

EDIT; the board with the search light on it would represent “follow the light or Run away from the light” as often described with out of body experiences.

I’m confused too because I connected charge negative to BMS 1 in the past…not the last BMS in line… @scepterr @pat.speed

Hm this is to go with the handful of nano-x remotes? One per day of week, charge on weekends?

I just tried with two 10s BMS wired 5s to each and linked them, and charge negative to BMS 2, charged up fine

Then likely either -c will work as the only purpose is to cut off the charge at the end. -c is normally a shared pad of -b with a ic switch to break the shared ground.

I was under the assumption if you have the charger positive on cell 10 and the -c effectively on 6 negative(2nd -b shared with -c) the charge current would be passing down to the common ground and current only going to half the pack, and the BMS balancing the current to the lower cells.

With -c on the first BMS…the common ground is cell 1 negative. So current goes through the entire pack vs only half way…and no voltage mismatch…

Can you do me a favor and multimeter from your BMS 2 -c and the total pack b+. I would expect to only see 21v~ @scepterr

Yeah I’ll check, gotta put it back together

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking, maybe I’m not as stupid as I thought

1 Like

if you’re using 2 x 6s BMS for a 12s pack, do you still use a 12s charger or does it have to be a 6s charger now?

A 12s charger

Would it also be possible to use 2 x 10s bms for a 12s pack?

I suppose so, but it would waste a lot of space

Yeah but it’s been so difficult to find a cheap 12s bms for charging only

Get a 13s one and leave off the last wire, cost me $17 bucks on eBay

2 Likes