Bms reads 40v and then 12v and then back to 40v?koo

keep in mind also, I am building with a specific goal in mind… I am wanting to race MOEstooge and not necessarily win, but keep up with him using my outrunner design

Well be careful as i took a slam at 26mph 2 weeks ago and not fun! Coukd not imagine at anumything above 30mph!!! First time i hit over 30 mph it had my adreniline going!!! Lol

I been working on all terrian wheels for hub motor boards cuz i feel a good market for them with all the hub motor boards already out!

lol i cruise at 30mph daily for my commute, i stay at speed with the cars on the road and they look confused… and yea those speeds arent for everyone and i ride with full motorcycle gear. Also having looked at those batteries u need to open the pack, replace the bms and inspect it for failure points in the nickle, chances are they used nickle coated strips not pure nickle

IMG_20180608_095220_996 I just did the DEADPOOL theme so wanted to at least ride it a couple times after and another reason for wanting to repair!

IMG_20180514_044117_811 here is the concept I am kicking around

tbh i would say cut your losses, keep the deck and get a quality pack from psychtiller, LHB, or barajabali

IMG_20180607_050423_390 I just did this deck also and would like to repair the battery for this board also being I custom painted both

You dont have to rebuild entirely… just get quality packs and forget about your problems… seems like the bulk of the issues with these boards is their batteries and how they fail

1 Like

IMG_20180510_121523_461 this was the 3rd deck I did that has u.v REFLECTIVE dye mixed in

Yes bms normally just wierd how it is reading right n then not working but lights on? Crazy n first time experience so was hoping someone had experienced same somewhere

thats why i said check for shorts… usually this happens in cars a lot, you can read the battery at 12-13v all day but anytime you apply a load it will drop to almost nothing… that means tehre is a dead cell in the SLA battery… same concept here… you can have a good reading because there is enough material under no load to read full voltage, then you apply a load and the dead cell or shorted area effects the voltage

I ride with NO GEAR!!! LOL I bought full gear for my kids but can not afford for myself at this time so my love for the boards outweighs my body getting beat but for thousands of Miles n 3 good crashes I managed to have luck on my side or at least really good reflexes and ability to get back on my feet n push through the blood… and broken bones… no visit to the hospital as duck tape and aces bandages work just as well with no hospital bills!!! Lmao… but as I said I am one of the poor kids but won’t let my dream of being involved in this stop over some bruises, scrapes, or even broken bones! But do want to teach safe riding so I I am working on getting gear but repairing the board at hand is first step! Sucks being broke but I never let it stop me before!!! Can get hit by a car and be dead walking across the street… so I am going to live to my best life I can live if it means dealing with the hurdles UNTILL

u should save up and get gear 1st… i took a fall on my motorcycle at 30 mph and ended up with a concussion, broken collarbone and 3 ribs as well as trashing my bike… it was a hit and run and yea… i had full gear on to include a full face helmet and slide gear… i cant imagine how bad that accident could have been had i not had my gear that day

1 Like

Yes i believe a short POSSABLY inside the bms circuit board as all cells are like new and read good! I was hoping on finding someone that gave up on their cheap Chinese board and would be happy to see someone else get use out of their old bms or board rather than sit or go in trash! So if anyone has an old cheap koowheel/ genesis/kalifonia board they will never repair or use lmk and i will put it to use and give credit and shoutouts or whatever else… but can not see just letting hundreds of boards just collect dust cuz the company assembled the parts wrong… so anyone with a board collecting dust lmk

IMG_20180504_191928_023 these r my 2 boys n who i am trying to rebuild these for until I can get better for them… they have already put THOUSANDS of miles on boards and when the boards broke they went back to video games 100% N I WOUKD like them back out asap but money issues make it hard! I will leave it at that guys… but any extra bms or parts from these boards would be greatly appreciated from anyone that is just gunna toss em

just get a BMS from @thisguyhere set it up for charge only and you will spend 30$ for a tried and tested BMS

1 Like

basically charge only means you will use the bms to charge the cells only while bypassing it to discharge… it’ll really wake up the board so keep tht in mind

1 Like

There was some issues with the first board we tried that with a year ago but would replace the bms with one that is for charge n discharge to avoid whatever issue we were experiencing! We installed digital battery meters and doubled up the battery and tried to bypass bms on discharge and I believe we had braking issues with the regenerative brakes… but that was about 40 projects ago! Lol

Thanks for the info brotha n anyone that has had the same exact issue or has old koowheel boards collecting dust lmk and can talk about a trade or something as a bms is only $39 but budget is spread so thin with all other responsibilities right now but would put it to use and try and work something out for anyone interested