Boss level custom spot welder

oh geez ;u; guess I’ll start saving serious cash

I’m going to challenge this. Someone one the kweld thread at ES had good success with HK Graphene 3s 2200mah 65c. I think it’s more about the internal resistance. Or perhaps that other large number everyone ignores (130c for these guys) is actually the more pertinent one.

2 Likes

For sure, your results may vary, mayb it’s the lipo pack I got off amazon bc hobbyking fuct up my order, but the 7ah 65c lipo pack I got wasn’t cutting it at all.

only when the lipo was paired with the giant 3s12p liion pack it started to weld properly.

moral of the story, get the best possible lipo with the highest possible C rating.

2 Likes

The number we must look is the burst. The continuous discharge rate is irrelevant. Therefore 65-130 C— 130 is what matters multiplied by the mah=the amps we are gonna get (in case the rating is legit) I dunno the minimum amps required for a decent weld but for sure it is over 300 amps. I think lee said the machine is rated for 800 amps. The latest version has been beefed up so a little more maybe.

1 Like

880 amps

1 Like

Awesome. I guess ill get this battery pack:

At full charge, it should give me 702 Amps. i hope the little bit of extra voltage wont change anything?

Nah… no problem at all. I use it with 16v mostly so don’t worry. With Those numbers even if they were overrated you are safe. It will work flawlessly

1 Like

I just placed an order and didn’t received anything back…any ideas?

I don’t understand. … What are you worried about? If you mean a mail or something you must take in consideration the time zone in Korea. I think lee is sleeping or about to wake up now

1 Like

if feels weird sending cash flow to Asia…Have you ever seen their Technology expos? Military style…just wondering if he received my cash or got stolen…you never know…(typo he’s email got hacked) you never know…

Careful, hi voltage packs sacrifice cycle life for more oomph.

1 Like

Did you send to his PayPal and email him? He’s as legit as they come. @aulakiria is probably sleeping. Give the man 24hrs. He’ll come through.

1 Like

Hopefully youre kidding, half of what you just wrote is gibberish.

2 Likes

Huston? I will send it Today. ^^;

4 Likes

have you? have you been, or are you basing this on youtube videos?

paypal works the same way all over the world.

not sure what your vision of asia is but i get a feeling it’s some insane fantasy.

6 Likes

@aulakiria was awesome in shipping the welder the same day I ordered it, getting it to me in the U.S. in a week. Can someone please help me by describing the “perfect” spot weld? I read this whole thread twice, but am needing more information. What settings are people using on a 3S lipo for 0.15mm or 0.13mm (0.005") pure nickel, 4ms and 2x? It is natural that one of the two spots has a heavier weld than the other due to the direction of the current flow and voltage drop between the two points, right? If not, what might be wrong that one spot is always a bit heavier? If one of the two spots doesn’t always rip off when peeling off the test sample though one always does, do I necessarily need more flux time?The following picture shows some sample welds. All were done on 4ms flux time, though the outside set were on x2 and the inside set (closer to the center of the battery) were done on x1.

1 Like

That’s why I think you should buy kWeld if you’re new to this, less money (in your pocket) - less problems

No wonder why so many reviews claim that their pack gassed up prematurely. I think I’ll go with turnigy graphene series. For those who are curious, I ordered the welding unit and got a response in 2 days and the tracking label on the 4th day. Cant wait to get it in the mail!

Just a note though about the hi voltage packs…

I’ve used the Bolt series high voltage (LiHV) packs, and they’ve lasted longer then regular lipos as far a cycles… But only if you charge them like a lipos (4.20v max instead of 4.35v) otherwise, don’t get a HV pack unless you plan on treating it like a lipo

3 Likes