BTR leathers (downhill leather jumpsuits)

I agree…when planning to go fast or racing.

I ride on a track so they make sense to me.

But as you say…

“A motorcycle jacket, slide gloves and kneepads (and maybe some crashpants) are more than enough”

1 Like

This guy knows what’s up

2 Likes

I just wear my mankini for all that

1 Like

Going to get a darker set of sunnies on …shit

You got to shave if you want to be aerodynamic

2 Likes

When you got too much powaaaa you don’t have too :joy:

2 Likes

Wasn’t ready for that…still recovering…lol

gdgdd

2 Likes

I still want these. Even more so as esk8 racing is becoming more and more often.

1 Like

I do too, don’t even have a full face yet. Need to protect my prettiness !

1 Like

I just happen to have solved the no full face problem.

I give a warm welcome to Noli!

Nolan N43E ftw :checkered_flag:

2 Likes

Classic moto helmet? Looks cool. How’s the weight/ field of view?

1 Like

FOV is super wide horizontal and vertical, it doesn’t obstructs much the view from first impression.

Weight is between 1360 and 1460 but good balance so I don’t find it heavy (note I haven’t tried something like a TSG pass lol so that’s lightweight to me for now).

Also found out that despite my big forehead I fit a M :joy:

1 Like

Bumping this thread . I still want one.

Check these guys out. Glove reviews coming soon

5 Likes

I want one too. It is on my list to purchase. Hopefully I’ll do it this year. I was going to say it is the next thing to buy on my list but somehow I think some part will always be first.

They look really, really nice. They look even better than the TSG Cuesta DH and they are cheaper too.

https://www.ridetsg.com/shop/cuesta-DH-glove/7300045-30-102/

Let’s just hope Brexit does not ruin it for all of us.

1 Like

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these suits the other day. But held back. I can’t decide if more of an impact protection would be better. I wrote BTR about their leathers and why they are the way they are. I dont know if the leather offer enough impact protection (there must be some) or if I really need something else. As you can see they do recommend using crashpants under the suit. But what about the upper body. Do anyone here have any experience?

"Our suit comes with 2 ply leather on most vulnerable positions - knees, elbows and seat for more durability.

For protection in our basic suits we use removable CE approved flexible polyurethane pads on knees, double ply leather and soft foam padding in between on elbows and back protection. (also we can offer polyurethane elbow pads if you think you want them)

Additionally we can offer D3O protection at additional cost (D3O is a leading technology in the market)

Reason we don’t use shoulder protection like bike suits would because that would limit rider’s mobility and our mobility is what really protects us, you see when you can balance yourself moving your arms and having ability to move you often can save yourself anticipating fall unlike motorcycle riders who are locket in sitting position.

For hips we always recommend to use crash shorts under the leather suit, so you have option to remove when not needed or change model when needed."

3 Likes

I like his response and only want one more now.

1 Like

My biggest fear is that the electronics fucks up. That would come totally unexpected making a different crash than if you can anticipate the crash and initiate the fall your self using the leather. Maybe a more impact based protection would be batter for those crashes?

4 Likes

I guess that’s true but I can definitely see Mobility hindering balance with to much gear. Falling is kind of muscle memory for me at this point. So even in unexpected crashes I do pretty well doing it correctly.

In my opinion, esk8ters crash because of: -road hazards -car drivers -esk8 malfunction -speed wobbles -uncontrolled carving

Since most esk8ers are not DH riders, we don’t know how to control the board at it fullest. Also we tend to go much faster than we can control. And our decks are chosen for enclosure compatibility and looks, not really for DH. Of course I’m generalising the community, there are members with great skill and setup. So for us speed junkies and DH noobs, we need hard shell on the outside and soft foam on inside to protect from unexpected fall and to be able to slide it out since we go to fast to just roll once.

Just my 2 cents

5 Likes