Buddy Build >> Vugenhausen / 90mm Flywheels / 6374 / FocBox / 10s3p

This is a build for a friend of mine that is coming from out of town for a few days. He wanted to try an electric skateboard, none of mine are tame enough for someone that has never ridden before and I didnt wanna tear any of my boards down (cause they are my little lightning powered murder board babies :slight_smile: ) so I figured Iā€™d just build him one. I picked up a 2012 Arbor Vugenhausen on ebay a while back, Iā€™m a huge fan of this board so I was gonna me it anyways. If he likes it he may take it with him, if not I will likely put it up for sale here for cost.

I am only including a screenshot of the build log for now, I donā€™t have all of the parts in hand yet so it may change. As always, when its complete and tested I will post pics and the finalized build log complete with links and prices.

You will notice on the bottom of the log that I have included some extra components. I have left room in the design process to add parts making this a dual motor build. Currently it will be a single 6374, if I upgrade it to a dual it will be offset (1 side heal side, 1 side toe side) along the same lines of the Ollin Free Ride.

Anyways thatā€™s all for now, Ill post when I have more infoā€¦this weekend or next most likely.

9 Likes

If we could all be so lucky to have a friend casually build a board for us! :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Well, he will pay for it if he keeps is and Ill sell it if he doesnā€™t so it all works out. Besides this is a guy Ive known since high school, I mean he knows all the stupid shit I did so I hate to tell him no :):joy:

6 Likes

Upload pics! Iā€™d love to see the progress

2 Likes

Will do. There wonā€™t be much too it, its just a single 6374 motor, 10s3p battery, switch, voltmeter, charge port, wheels and trucks on a deck. A pretty simple build, youā€™d think I could get it done in a couple of hours. Waiting on parts, I swear I spend my life waiting on parts :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

just saying, you can probably do an equally powerful build for a lot cheaper

Where exactly would I save money without sacrificing performance or reliability or safety? Iā€™m genuinely hoping to hear something good.

2 Likes

are torqueboards 218 mm trucks necessary? I can not imagine you loosing performance compared to 35 buck calibers. Also, your battery is kinda expensive, and I guess you loose performance and all, but is 9000mah needed? You said your builds are not not tame enough. Is this? lol:grinning:

Lol I am doing this same exact thing for my friend this summer

1 Like

Arenā€™t BKB 10s3pā€™s $400?

Well, I donā€™t know if I would use the word ā€˜necessaryā€™ but my friend weighs about 260 and has never skated before. so I think th eTB 218 trucks will make it easier. That battery is cheap as hell, you would be hard put to get a 30q battery anywhere close to that price. Iā€™ll tame the board by limiting ERPM and Motor Max. This gives you a board you can grow into and unleash as your skill level increases.

2 Likes

I think so, but we do some trading back and forth and @JLabs is good guy. He helps me out from time to time so I can help other people out. Also, this was the last one of these on hand.

1 Like

i second this!

1 Like

I think I just shit myself. You just said a fully loaded 10s3p 30Q battery pack for $275 was expensive.

Time to go changeā€¦

3 Likes

me too brother, me too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got really excited, I thought you dropped the price to 275 for some reason. It was a too good to be true kind of thing.

2 Likes

On bkb website, it said 400 bucks, so that was the price I was going at. You can get a 12s3p at that price from torqueboards, but i get what you are saying about the 30q cells. To me it just seems like for a board which is supposed to be ā€œtameā€, this is complete overkill. I guess overkill is good. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I like to call overkill bullet proof. Thereā€™s no way this board should have any issue at 12 mph while my friend learns to ride.

2 Likes

tame is a relative term :wink:

1 Like

When I say tame in regards to this one I mean 15mph and a slow acceleration curve and light brakes.

3 Likes