Calling all Kiwi's

Very nice. Should have a go. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Yeah at the moment i’m waiting for my motor mounts to arrive… thanks to the entrepreneurial @Boardnamics… then I’ll start looking at the pulley system for these Abecs I’m running… I’m going to make something up in inventor and then perhaps get something laser sintered if the price is right…

This in itself is interesting as ordering in some nice pulleys (metal) plus postage makes 3d metal printed parts feasible (almost)… So I’m gonna whip up some that is bespoke for the extended caliber trucks i’m running… will probably replace the inner wheel bearing with a 8x22x14 wide bearing and press the pulley onto that then one more bearing on the inner side of the pulley mount… should be pimp!

chur!

3 Likes

Rider/builder here also based in Hamilton. I only have lazy builds though. I just slap things together and once they’re “ride-able”, that’s it for me.

IMG_20190408_075303

Did a landyachtz dinghy build, and love it! Light and compact.

The sh*tty road here in Hamilton though can give me a heart attack while riding a short deck like this hence I tried to build an evolve clone - tried.

IMG_20190408_074954

For short rides on familiar roads, or wet weather I usually use the dinghy. For longer rides/unfamiliar roads and dry weather, I use the AT board, when it’s raining or the road is wet - it turns my clothes into a jackson pollock masterpiece made of mud.

And yes, parts can be quite difficult to come by. I use what I can find. For example my enclosures are baking tin from the warehouse and flower pot tray from bunnings. @Scream do you have plans of making/selling custom enclosures for other people, e.g. me?) :smiley:

Nice to know there are a few guys here in the forum.

3 Likes

Bro that landyachts build is siiiick! That’s my jam.

You should come for a ride sometime. I ride with the evolve guys most Sundays.

I’ll make you an enclosure bro. No charge. Got all the stuff sitting here might as well use it. Carbon fibre is kinda stupid though cos it blocks the signal to your remote.

2 Likes

That’s awesome @Jamiet - what’s the deck? I have a hankering to build again. I want something longer than my carver Proteus, but still that cruiser shape with a kicktail, and wheel wells so I don’t need massive risers. Thinking the BKB tayto… probably get the matching enclosure too.

Nice @doakickflip… that’s quite a kicktail on the little monster… looks wicked!

@Scream the board is a Kebbek Topmount 36 with a very mild kick… the concave allows for deep wells… downside is I’ll need to make a custom curved battery stack and enclosure to match… so the carbon fibre route is likely in my future

2 Likes

I like that deck too (and was going to ask). I have a Loaded Truncated Tesseract which is also quite concave in places. Have spent 100s of hours designing and 3d printing an enclosure/enclosures for it.

Need to upload some photos at some stage.

2 Likes

Sweet! I’ll take you up on that offer! :+1: When’s the next ride?

Cool bro… I’ll have to hit you up for some tips… I’m going to investigate routing into the deck to recess the batteries a bit… Looking at designing and printing a guide jig for the router to sit in…

I haven’t done any routing of the deck. Tempted but don’t have a garage… and it would only get me maybe 5mm and potentially introduce some flex.

Maybe when I get the next deck I could have a play with the 'Ract.

Yeah I spoke to Kebbek about it… They said watch out for warping as a freshly routed section will soak up moisture from the air… So that’s also a gotcha…

On other news got my motor mounts…

IMG_20190410_065053

1 Like

I’m in Wellington. Just finished my second build with parts from the first! 20190316_143749

3 Likes

Pics bro! I’m in CHCH and have a 6374 single Tesseract DIY that I need to make something for. Give us some inspiration

I’ll keep an eye out for you! (WGT)

(I have the white wall 97mm Evolve wheels)

Good day guys, I’m from Christchurch and am planning on buying an electric skateboard, however are they fully legal to use on pathways and roads? According to NZTA, motorized skateboards have difficulties meeting the safety standards and other requirements, so they cannot be operated on the road. This is the only thing I’m concerned of as I’m going to use it for commuting within the city and to school.

Yeah the law hasn’t quite figured out what should happen with this form of transport… But if I was you I’d play the role of a positive advocate for the tech… I use a scooter for commutes mostly and drive it like if it was a bicycle… Adhering to the same rules etc… Staying off footpaths as pedestrians are too random… Wear a helmet… Respect the road rules etc… Remember these devices are the future of urban mobility as cars start to dissappear from the street… If we play nice local governments and transport authorities will provide lanes dedicated for use… But as always it can all be ruined by one moron… Like how lime scooters have been taken off the streets in Auckland when one idiot took out a pedestrian at a bus stop which the bus driver ran over… So don’t be that idiot…

Palmerston North here.

My DIY trampa

Based in Auckland, commute on my custom board pretty much everyday.

If anyone needs help building or fixing lemme know, my build thread is on my profile!

Hi mate, I was hoping you might be able to help me. I have a Acton blink s board and the battery wont charge anymore. Are you able to test the battery to see if it is no good?

I left it for 3-4 months flat and think that may have caused the issue.

cheer,

Mark

Hey Skelstar, is the Wgtn FB page a private one, I cant find it. Got the E Riders one. Love my CGT, so much fun…