Carbon fiber or wood? What's your opinion?

@Maxid May check here

this wheel was so nice… but i don plan go for it coz will cut down my range.

Oh i already forgot about this one. Thanks for reminding me.

I went with CF. at over 200lbs I didn’t want to risk flexing a board and cracking the enclosure or damaging cells.

The cf deck is not comfortable in a long ride. My rear leg starts getting numb at mile 5

If I had the skills to make it pretty I would do what boosted did. But I don’t so I just bought one. It’s a little to flexy for me. But it’s way more comfortable.

Which carbon deck you having?

I like downhill style decks. But don’t have an esk8 yet :cry:

Ok then I think I’ll be going to wood. Thanks

Who? Me???

Here is a good comparison, at the top is the Raptor 1 & below Raptor 2

Some reasons we changed.

1. people like to ride hard & mistreat shit, shit gets banged up yo! wood core is a bit more durable
  2. molded carbon is super expensive! going without it & you can spend the money on bigger batteries & tech.
  3. creating a water tight seal is better when using a separate case and mounting it onto the deck.
  4. if you don’t like the deck shape you can take the electronics & mount onto another rig.
  5. wood is better at dampening road noise & feels a little bit more natural.

However, I must say, carbon fiber is UBER sexy and makes building an eboard very easy. It always wins in the looks department.

4 Likes

Your right, but since the carbon fiber is stiffer, and the wood can dampen and reduce vibrations, which one is better for high speeds and everyday commuting and more fun for shredding out there?

get some good trucks, wheels change the bushings… practice and this will help you more on high speed than the fanciness of the carbon.

Agreed. Might get both decks.

1 Like

All things considered, how much of a weight difference is there between wood and CF? I’m gearing up for my next build and I’m looking for a stiff but short deck, about 36-38 inches, the lighter the better. I’m currently riding on a 41 inch 9 ply maple deck. For my first build I’m liking it well enough, but it weighs 2.2 kg so I want to cut down for the next one. Glad I found this thread, I thought I’d have to open a new one!

ive only ridden a couple carbon decks with a foam core and don’t like the feel of them. I never felt the weight difference was worth thinking about especially considering theres so much other heavier stuff on a board