Carvon v2 and 2.5 owners

That trick with tape worked perfectly. I’ve managed to clean everything nicely.

1 Like

That loctite stuff is $$$! I bought it, but I was in a hurry, so I used CA glue with baking soda, it’s still holding!

So did you get rid off that clicking noise after fixing the magnets ?

BTW. I 've found some kind of super high heat glue up to 1000c temperature. It’s meant for metal so I am gonna try that.

Haha it got rid of the terrible screaming screeching in that motor, but the clicking was in the other motor.

The Loctite stuff is hard to find and expensive, but it’s actually designed to hold magnets onto motors. I’d use that if you can.

You have to be careful about how thick the glue is, vibration and heat resistance, etc etc.

The clicking is your bearings, that’s what’s so nice about the new carvon hubs, you have easy access to both bearings and can remove them, for the v2 and 2.5 you need a jaw puller to access the clicking bearing

In my case I really doubt it’s the bearings …I am 100% it’s the missplaced magnet…I’ve checked the bearings and it all seems just fine…I’ll let you know tonight after I apply the glue to my magnet and put back everything together.

Dadadaaam!!! Boys @BigBoyToys @willpark16 @Michaelinvegas @deucesdown @evoheyax thanks for your help!! Mission accomplished my Carvon works smooth as a butter!! Just like brand new. No clicking… just smooth.

Guys here is a quick tip from me for anyone in the future: - to take your can off of that plastic fan, after you unscrew those small philips screws stick a thick needle inside the screw hole and use it as a lever to pull the fan off. - to put the fan back inside the can, just align the can perfectly with the fan and use that front axle nut.just lock it on and the fan will pop in inside the can.

I didnt have thermal epoxy, but i ve used some kind of high heat thermal glue. In the future if one of the other magnets will pop out I’ll take out all of them and glue them back with that thermal glue. Besides that Carvon seem to be built as a german tank!!

To celebrate my successful mission i am going back to MotorMax settings at 70amp. Jerry said thats safe and i see big difference between 60a and 70a when riding.

7 Likes

Hi there folks!

I was looking to get some advice with VESC settings for a single Carvon v2 motor I got from Jerry around mid 2016. It still runs like a champ. Originally I bought a little cruiser complete from him he was selling at the time that came with a 12s1 LifePo4 battery but that pack died at the end of last summer. The VESC is still good and the settings are pretty much the same as when he shipped it to me.

Since then I went with a new build. I have a 18650 Battery Pack with Samsung 30Q cell BMS is rated for 30A Continuous Amp Output and 80A Peak Amp Output from . I also changed up the build from a small cruiser to the Landyachtz EVO deck.

Anyways with those changes I was hoping to see if anything should be changed based on my config below or any tips from those who are still rocking an old v2 or 2.5? I believe I could up the motor max to 70 A but I don’t want to fry anything. Additionally any tips for making the breaking slightly more aggressive? I know weight can be a factor I’m at about 170 pounds.

Thanks for any help!

I think you’re going to get this firmed up before anything else. What happens if you draw more than 30a? For how long?

Seems a shame to have a 30a bms when the cells can do 80a.

1 Like

Are the magnets still holding up? I am in EU too, which glue did you buy? Did you find the right one at the end? Thx

@rey8801 - Yes everything works perfectly ! It works as smooth as brand new Carvons right out of the box. My glue was really weird. What I’ve got was a high temperature resistant glue that had a structure of “concrete” …it was really weird. But I think you can use any epoxy that is high temperature resistant.

I am not sure what the brand I’ve got but I think was something like this:

1-x-high-temperature-adhesive-glue-1200-c-for-exhaust-pipes-collectors-fireplace-oven-70ml-technicqll-new

2 Likes

Thanks man! I searched a bit and I found glues from loctite made for it but like 70 euro! Crazy! I will check for the one used and some Hugh tnep epoxy.