Carvon v2 and 2.5 owners

Thats for pullikg the stator not the can though. The fan is plastics it will almoast surely break if you put a puller in it.

How about a little penetrating lubricant and keel using elbow grease.

I know itā€™s used for pulling the stator but so far Iā€™ve managed to pull the can just a tiny bit away from the plastic fan so Iā€™ve figuered I would be able to catch the can between the fan with the puller so I think the puller might work for the can aswell. Hmm lubricant oil ā€¦i could use that but wonā€™t it harm the windings if it gets between ?

Its possible but I dont know to be honest. I can say that ive put WD40 in my inner bearings many times and never had a stator fail beacuse of it. A little goes a long way so maybe you can use an eye dropper and just put a little right around the edge of the can? If it doesnā€™t work at least it might help it come off with the puller with less force.

Ooooo wd 40 seems like a good lubricant but it actually attracts more dust and grime, depleting your bearings faster

Yep, I believe that. I use speed cream now, but WD-40 daily kept my bearings going for months until I learned better.

1 Like

@willpark16 looking at your images ā€¦how did you took of the black can cap ? maybe instead of trying to take the whole can off I could try to just take the top black part off and look inside ?

I believe a small amount of glue was added to seal this area so just heat up along the edge

Ok. Thank you brother. What kind of glue did you use to seal everything back ? I mean for both the can itself and the top part ?

I used red loctite on the top part, the plastic black fan is plastic so I wouldnā€™t recommend red loctite near that

pics? you might just need to grab with both hands and pull.

ok finally got it !!! It looks like one of the magnetes has displaced. How should i mount it back in?

Also just because it was misplaced it looks like it got chipped a little bit. Should i be worried? I think it still should work perfectly.

What kind of glue should I use ? Some kind of high heat epoxy ? Olso how much glue should I put ? On the other magnets it looks like they have used only a tiny bit of the glue on top part of the magnet. The bottom part of the magnet is placed nicely within the cut placeholder.

Chips nahā€¦

Just go inside with some packing tape to to clean out any chunks left on the other magnets and thereā€™s a glue that you use ā€¦ @Hummie or @evoheyax you know what glue?

Gotta make sure you clean the surface

1 Like

A high temp epoxy is the way to go. Did you get it off with lube or did u have to resort to the jaws of death lol?

Im glad u found the culprit!

Here is what Jerry uses to refasten magnets.

He recommemded you add some in between the other magnets to keep them from moving using chop sticks as well while you have it apart.

3 Likes

What we use is a one part high heat epoxy that needs to be baked for 45 minutes at 266 F. Donā€™t know how hummie finds these things, but it works great. Very strong, very high heat, magnets will never come off like this with our stuff.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !!! I am in EUROPE right now and itā€™s not that easy to find loctite hereā€¦so Iā€™ll go with two parts high heat epoxy, and Iā€™ll do what Jerry says and Iā€™ll add it also in between the other magnets too.

1 Like

It seems that what was holding everything together was the FAN that was glued to the can. What I did is Iā€™ve used super small screwdriver and used it in the holes where the small philips screws were and just levered the whole thing. Once it popped out of the fan it was fairly easy to take it off.

1 Like