Chinese Superstars

Edit. 2

People constantly asking now… here is it, do with this as you will.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-8-inch-pneumatic-10x4_60800332221.html?spm=a2700.wholesale.maylikever.2.420c202cTIr821

6 Likes

Maybe the bearings fits better in the spoke :smile:

3 Likes

300 pieces minimum order, likely no customer service at all or recourse for manufacturing defects. Just get wheels from @psychotiller or @Kug3lis or @trampa :smiley: It’s worth it… plus they are metal…

5 Likes

I’m not buying these, just stirring the pot.

But you can buy a sample set for $40.

1 Like

@trampa is this your supplier? You might want a word.

1 Like

But it says high Quality!!! hahaha

6 Likes

It also says Railway Plastic Wagon Wheels haha

2 Likes

As min they removed the logo… not like with the eskating.eu battery packs where there was still the logo on it…

2 Likes

I actually wouldn’t mind trying those for 40$ a set, I am going to keep that link for when I finally am able to build a MTB.

Are the trampa superstar made fully in aluminum? Those Chinese ones are described as aluminum spikes and plastic rims.

Brent was in the internet, great find :grin:

I’m 99.99% sure these are the superstar hubs, even on the pic on the tire there is written “Trampa Threads”. If this price is with tube and tire then I’m depressed now.

Within the last 2 years I bought 16 Superstar wheels (each 58.37$) which is in total 933.92$ incl. tax. So I have 16 wheels, for 3 times the amount I could have bought 300 wheels, sounds like a joke.

5 Likes

No only the inner part. Rims are plastic. Like the Chinese too.

1 Like

With a picture like this too - makes it a bit more believable

4 Likes

Oha… you found the secret camper for @rich s spare parts? :thinking::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

might be nice to sleep on :smiley:

1 Like

:thinking: somebody took advantage of photoshop?. image image

5 Likes

100% they did, didn’t even get rid of the primo alpha completely…

Just out of total curiosity I want to see the listing now just to see the BS

3 Likes

It’s also standard practice for China to find everything they like and post it as if they can make it for you. If they ain’t doin it… They ain’t doin their job!

3 Likes

Frank can pop on and tell the story if he wants to. I prefer not to eat shit so I’ll pass on even considering buying these knock offs boys.

1 Like

Can confirm they’re real… and feels like the TRAMPA hubs too. Just checked out a set ordered from china by a friend.

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.