Choosing the right <31" deck (w/ large enough wheelbase)

Hey guys!

I’m a currently a college student and want to build a cruiser that could be used around town. I’ve been searching for hours and hours trying to find the right deck for my first commuter build with very little luck. The things that I am primarily looking for are:

1. Absolutely needs a kicktail
  2. No longer than 31"
  3. longer than 16" of wheelbase.
  4. Wide enough width (>8")

And with these primary things in mind I did find a couple of boards that satisfy this requirement

1. Bustin Hybrid Cruiser https://bustinboards.com/products/bonsai-ecore-hybrid-cruiser (“16.5” wheelbase)
  2. Jet Spud (21" wheelbase) no kicktail
  3. Arbor Rally (20" wheelbase) narrow front
  4. Globe Decks (“18.5” wheelbase) narrow front
  5. Zenit Hibiscus https://www.zenitboards.com/product/hibiscus/ (17" wheelbase)

This will be my first build and I’m relatively new so I have very minimal skills to build a board. The things you would need to do to build a dual 6355 with 10s3p on a 15" wheelbase seems a little bit overwhelming and don’t look aesthetically pleasing at all. The deck I have my mind set on is the Zenit Hibiscus and the Bustin Cruiser, but the wheelbase is what stops me. Jet Spud builds by @Jc06505n, @XTLA, @Eboosted is exactly what I am shooting for. It has a slim enough enclosure so it’s not bulging out and it’s compact with power. But if I can’t acheive that on a 17" wheelbase I would even compromise to a single motor to make it happen or even a smaller battery if I have to. But preferably I would want to fit dual 6355 with 10s3p is this even possible on a 17" wheelbase deck without making it look like a tank?

2 Likes

I think @jlabs has a Jet spud with a kicktail in the works right now so maybe ask him if those will be released anytime soon.

3 Likes

What… @JLabs what…?

1 Like

Check out the prebuilt esk8 Ride ripetide r1. I might be letting go of my deck with enclosure very soon. Willing to give ya a good price. It will fit a meepo sanyo 10s4 I did a custom grip on mine but that’s easily removed if demon gods ain’t your thing IMG_20180528_193700_173 Can probably toss in some caliber hangers on tb baseplates too. Where are you located @boogiewookie?

1 Like

@skunk @Wraith you guys are gonna make me release that sooner rather than later arent you?

11 Likes

@Skunk thanks for the offer, but I really want a project from scratch and choose the parts I want for the board. personally not digging the handle bars either.
@JLabs are you serious? Can I buy them? like now?

2 Likes

:wink: :wink: Also feels bad when I can’t get in on the huge speed wobbles discount cause time zone :pensive:
No rush though! been eyeing something to desck swap with to a smaller cruiser and that looks to be a good candidate :grin:

1 Like

I was late 27minutes on that $20 deal hahaha it was sold in seconds. so would any of you guys answer my question if it’s even possible to fit everything on a 17" wheelbase?

Yeah if you go single motor and lipos you could fit in an @torqueboards enclosure

should work just fine with 17" @eboosted has really fit and flush enclosures for the 29" spud and even has a double stack if you want to go nuts with it

Yaaaaaaaaas please

1 Like

All good. I was only offering the deck, not a built board at all. I didn’t like the handles myself at first, but I’ll tell ya it’s really handy when going in and out of shops on my board. I’m definitely adding a handle to my new deck.

1 Like

that would be the only option right? like a 3s2p Lipo with a single motor. I honestly don’t like the looks of that bulge lol I think I’ll just wait for @JLabs kicktail equipped Jet Spud it’s making me drool just thinking about how sexy it’s going to look :slight_smile:

I need a name for the new board with a kicktail, any ideas?

2 Likes

Baked potato

3 Likes

Any idea on the price point? :grin:

2 Likes

The Spud KE (Kicktail Edition) The Spud Kick-Ass The Kicker

The Cajun spud Because it has a bit of kick @JLabs

2 Likes

Jet Spud KT

Want me to put up a thread for you @jlabs? Unless @boogiewookie doesn’t mind the added naming mini contest here :laughing:

1 Like