Choosing the right <31" deck (w/ large enough wheelbase)

Hey look guys, it’s that deck that faboard “custom designed”. Goes along nicely with their “custom removable battery” and “revolutionary belt drive system”. Also did you know that the faboard was the first electric skateboard “designed” by a REAL skater?

I’ve gone off on a rant here.

2 Likes

nope did not know that and frankly could not care less

Not sure the diff but if just go with it. :sunglasses: Never tried a spliff, but I’m a fan of their boards for sure. Definitely looks like a good board to build on. As long as you can get a stiff one; flexy decks usually require a split enclosure.

In case that was for me, I was being sarcastic haha. Fabian is a penis

1 Like

it’s 2" shorter than your old school deck with 5" more wheelbase with less kicktail. I heard it does have a little bit of flex cause it’s a rocker. maybe it’s not sucha good idea :confused:

Your deck only had a 15 inch wheelbase what was your setup? it looks sleak af I’d like to know how you pulled it off. did you put a 10s2p lion? or lipos?

What ever you need to do I’m sure it’s for the best as your enclosures are killer dude …love your work I will be buying your moonshine enclosures for sure for the carvon torquedrive I got couple coming …just building that piggy bank up again…

@brenternet funny you mention the whole faboard thing because I am currently building a board with this deck and I started to think its looking like a faboard. the only difference between this deck and the faboards is that faboards is a bit more concave compared to the skateshred one which has almost none!

And I’m in the same boat as lionpuncher for the bustin boards…I was gonna get a bonzie…29…I actually have a email as we speak with 35% off …I won’t use it…so if you want one and go make a account just put it in there for a couple weeks and get emails discpunts for it…im sitting on three weeks 35%off now…Im done with the 30in size I have a blank hated it very uncomfortable on my feet for long distance the vibration threw it my God… I have a lanyatchz pug boat 29 as my commuter but it only good like 20 25k not a performance board it’s a acton S mod…can’t stand it I want more for room and I like at least a 20 inch stance after riding my bigger diy boards…but they are heavy 18to 20pounds build with big 90 97mm five pound wheels and hubmotor and carvon direct drive …and dual motots…big battery’s to keep them running properly…its more of what you want…there is so many style and shape …it what you prefer …I’m kick tail I use to trick skate .but I have a falcon as my down hill slider board…very stable …but not a push around or ride around city type board it super low no tail but it is amazing to push and foot brake but its like a bus for turning from the wedging and de wedging and being so low the sidewalk and curbs get you gotta pick it up…you can set up any deck you want like that to be a high speed streight liner and slider or a Carver and less high speed…now length is like a big rig or long bus like turning but smoother over bumps cracks handle speed much easier…ect…smaller is turns tighter like Austin mini but rough as fuck hit a bump at speed and your painting tarmac lines …this is for you to find your style…now you can play with truck size…180mm is pretty much the biggest now for most real DH skate gear and stable if your a rider less carvey… 160mm now it’s more carvy and the smaller you go for slolom style carvey as fuck trucks… 200mm hanger plus you can buy a clone of some sort there are some on this sites vendors or surfrodz…or maybe find a decade old DH truck…now for decks it’s up to you really dude…this is your frame structure platform to build off of…your either gonna buy the cavalier with shit seats and hope you to see the next day racing it and have that broken back from the great seat in there…or you can get a caddilac ctsv be safe and so comfortable and saxy as fuck and be out riding the next day…this is the same as your skateboard DECK it your platforme your on it moving around using for transportation premium quality will never come cheap…I’m a performance car monstertruck two wheeled race quad guy and been skateboarding and snowboarding freestyle not pro by any means but I can ride but as a hobby for about 24 years…I’m 34…I just started esk8 this year fucking rush like drugs so just save dude save save save …lol…now I don’t want to be a dad but go push a skateboard around dude please… practice around…get pads and helmet this is your life or someone elses life… life is pricless…it’s motorized… its a bit like snowboarding but not really…you have to lean forward to fight the g force of the board but don’t turn with the back …main issue for speed wobble…you need ankle control and need to have balance. just pushing around and turning with your FRONT foot and learn how to foot break and not breaking your face off the payment because you can’t do the one leg squat and lightly drag your foot to apply breaks while moving on popsicle stick with wheels and now a motor…there is no snow to slid on and no hard boot holding those ankles from flopping around from vibration and so on…totally different ball game e-sk8 to skatboarding and snowboarding I mixed both for my style each to there own…BUT …foot breaking is key if you lose power or reception to remote or have shit breaks… pushing at the start is key if you want to have less stress to you battery a drive line.and get and get more miles out of a pack… Cheers sorry for the novel…just my 10cent good luck with hunt…check out landyatchz…kebec …rayn… zenit…all candian made premium boards with sector nine has some nice pro model deck

2 Likes

Dude I read the thread and I have many thoughts for you at this point. Not much time to elaborate at the moment lol. It is a10s2p but I used 20650’s that have a 30 a discharge so it doesn’t sag much. Thanks for the comp, I’ll do a build thread eventually ha. A short deck is pretty squirrelly though and if your main concern is holding it, I can tell you from experience that the benefits of a bit larger deck way outweighs the benefits of a short deck. You’ll get a way more satisfying and comforting feeling from a larger wheelbase. Will feel way more like you’re snowboarding on something that’s a bit longer and with some flex. If you’re gonna spend North of a grand (which you will) you’ll want something that you aren’t scared to ride on lol. Those moonshine decks are absolutely beautiful. But yes they cost a mint. I found buying a used deck locally help mitigate some of that cost. Loaded makes some of the best feeling decks I’ve ever ridden. But there’s many more manufacturers that make great decks too. Hell Bustin makes some great decks to build on that are pretty affordable. TL;DR First build go long and comfortable, second build go compact. Especially if you’re new to pavement riding.

2 Likes

Lol me and @Frenchy just wrote you a new novel. Lots of food for thought. Main takeaway: the deck is arguably the most important component of a good build.:grinning:

I’m 100%with @Lionpuncher…the longer the more the snowboarding feeling …will be much easier for you to learn on…trust me I’m use to small decks I’m small at 5.6…145 pounds I’m lil girl built man…I would Carrie my 40 everywhere if I could Carrie 20 pounds all day …the length don’t bother its the weight…weight is what will make your board agile to Carry around …my 34 moonshine I can carry from rear truck arm relaxed hanging just like my 29 landyatchz from the front truck 5inch difference…it’s the weight 29 landyatchz 9 pound single drive to the 34 moonshine 18 pound duel or the 40 moonshine carvon SDR 20pounds…30 to 34 is nothing in length but a shit pile of stability and more just more fun as I’m learning… and you have real deck to chose from… loaded are very very nice super light with the cork…and that cork take a lot of vibration out by the way…I’m gonna build a loaded poke one day…don’t skimp on the board my friend …check out Powell they build serious stuff also…also search used site like lionpuncher said …I have found lots of rayne and loaded and lanyatchz for sale full completes in Canada if your in the states south where it warm most of the year you should find tones on Craig’s list…?.we have Kijiji…I was just thinking also I’m getting a really nice carbon board with built in enclosures from @Jaraya92881 called the phantom .maybe you can jump on that if he has any left… give him a hit … httpss://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/pulseboards-carbon-fiber-board-with-integrated-enclosure-price-drop/64588/95

1 Like

wow that was an amazing post dude thanks a lot I got a lot to work with now. I mean this thing is a project and an expensive one nonetheless I wanna be spending my money wisely and I definitely agree the deck has been the hardest decision I had to make. There’s jus so many options but at the same time I need something for eskates so I gotta think about the wheelbase. It’s been stressful to the point I made this post to try to get some suggestions and I’m so glad I did. I definitely agree with you I should start off with regular states before I even think about riding a motorized one. for that I’ll use bustin’s longboards. They’re good quality with a good price, so I figure it’d be best if I chose a board from them to build with. But for a real build I think I might take think more about what I want. maybe a loaded poke or the phantom or even the carbon fiber phantom deck. Having that enclosure built in is slick and very useful. I gotta find what I like first and in order to do that I’ll jus buy a regular skateboard from bustin to start lol

1 Like

Good call my friend and you will be much safer when you hit those streets with some power…and you will know a lil more to what you want in the long run…now to start and learn on get a drop down it will help you with the foot breaking it lower it’s less of a squat to touch the ground with… and it will help learning how to push and stay balenced lower center of gravity …thats what I do to teach the girlsfriends I use a drop down for them is alot esiaer to learn on …cheers and good luck with your build. don’t be shy to ask question

Dude you guys @Frenchy and @Lionpuncher helped me out a lot with this deck choosing I can’t thank you guys enough. I just bought the Bustin sportster with the caliber II trucks I can’t wait for it to come so I can practice in a parking lot getting the basics down with the foot breaking. I wanna get good fast I should probably invest in some vans as well. I’ll let you guys know when I have any questions! Thanks a lot

1 Like

Cheers @boogiewookie…have a shit pile of fun and kick that shit hard. be safe watch some you tube vids…and see what a real skaters do …you will learn quick if you have motivation to learn…you have alot to learn on tuning trucks next for a great alround cruiser…remember to not tighten the truck to tight you shouldn’t see to many treads on the kingpin …only to the nylon and a couple turns after…if you need tighter and you have tight them lots your stressing your kingpin out and it will break over time or you just mash up you bushing real quick…so you will need stiffer bushings… …lose is better…more control when your good and know the board it’s harder to learn on but you need to learn your ankles…just walking around for a living does nothing for the muscle your soon gonna find out …get some muscle cream as your gonna hurt if you go hard…remember the first ride of snowboarding…get ready you gonna hurt … LOL…no pain no gain…have fun and welcome to the dark side

Fyi foot braking will eat shoes FAST. I used to take shoe goo and old bike tire rubber to repair the bottom of my breaking foot when I did downhill daily. I always had one shoe that looked new and one that was hammered. And my legs felt like they were different lengths lol

3 Likes

@Skunk is so right…lol …at least when I trick skated I had some what matching holy bastards a foot sole gone or flapping around in one from pushing and braking and my toes hanging out the other from doing flip tricks…vans foot braking shoes and gummies soles are great if you can find some and shoe goo is a major player in the skate world…

2 Likes

I started buying PFFlyers hightops on 6pm.com, they were $18 a pair forever. Had a closet of smashed left shoes and new right shoes of every color. Lol

3 Likes

Hey @boogiewookie cheers. Feel free to drop a pm if you ever have any questions. I think that’s a great setup. Happy riding bro!