Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Nothing happens when I scan :-(. I have a Pixel 2 XL. I dont know if it has som other Bluetooth. If I use an Iphone it shows up when I scan.

Try to dismiss the app, hit the show recent apps button then swipe away the metr app. Turn off and power up your board so the bluetooth resets too on there then try to launch the metr app again, sometimes it can be a little touchy but I’m sure that process works I just did it here, unfortunately no Pixel 2XL to test on but willing to accept test devices :slight_smile:

If it still fails I’d try to hit the show logs button in the app and maybe post the log here as an attachment if possible (or linked from a sharing site like drive or dropbox). Might need logcat hooked up to a device to get all the details but never hurts to check the logs.

Really impressive update !! :fearful: Nice work !

Same, but it connect and disconnect itch 10 second or just one minute max maybe. Try almost all suggestion here … (one more to test, change the baud…) Hope one day I will try and see once this wonderfull apps working and test it for real. All of this could be really greatfull when working (and Im with v6 FW3.32 I wait again)

You are right, I missed that option. Works fine now, can change settings on both vesc. Such a great feature!

@rpasichnyk I uncortunately have to report another bug, records don’t start automatically and when I press manually “start record” record stops after 60 seconds (looks like app does not recognize movement?) yeah I just checked and distance is not measured even though I disabled automatic stop and start and started record manually.

Modes are now working fine :wink:

Do you use “Prefer GPS”?

I have tried everything. I guess it has something to do with a newer device. Do you have any other reports of this @rpasichnyk?

Yes I do. It’s overridden in my board settings.

Sounds like iOS permission issue. Can you check in Settings app that you allow Location for metr?

Nothing changed in that matter too, I had and have it enabled… It worked flawlessly before update.

Actually very similar behavior on Android here too, I have prefer GPS in the app and have location services enabled in the phone settings and last records showed velocity but no distance which seemed strange to me, will test again in a while here and post the data it gives me.

1 Like

Could be but think that newer bluetooth version are typically backwards compatible so any 4.0 hardware shouldn’t have any problem talking to 2.0 or 3.0 devices, could be something else with the OS or hardware though (I’m on 8.0.0 here on a nexus 5x so think the software is the same as the pixel right now but not entirely sure).

1 Like

I confirm the bug. Will look today thx!

3 Likes

Roman i Love this shit so hard!!:heart_eyes::joy: I Test it with my Dual Vesc 6, samsung s7 and works perfekt. When you implant speedlimits at the Modus, it would be so fantastic.

1 Like

Please tell me you mean the Bluetooth on Android :smiley:

@squad @wafflejock I have fixed the problem with GPS distance calculation! Android update is out and iOS is waiting for App Store Review. Thanks again for reporting :thumbsup:

@cledus There is a thread with couple of people experiencing the same problem (I guess) http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hm-10-not-discoverable-on-android-8-0-8-1-oreo/36713/34 Do you run Android 8?

3 Likes

Tried it out here for a bit and seems to have fixed the general distance issue. I still have problems with it tracking when I tell it to prefer the GPS data, it seems to only track parts of the trip, but might be something with my developer settings closing apps in the background.

First one here I didn’t have prefer GPS on

(google maps shows this as a 1.3 mile ride as well)

Second one I had the GPS preferred on

Believe this had to be closer to .6 miles or more since I did the quick test run I usually do then went around a few more blocks (also Wh vs distance wise seems like the distance isn’t making sense on this one). Not a huge deal or anything but open to tips.

1 Like

Yes I have 8.0. There is my problem. Hope it get fixed in 8.1

Updated my phone to 8.1 yesterday without any luck :frowning: