Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Thank you for the configuration files. After little investigation I must admit that @Pimousse was right and it just happened. I missed one parameter that was added in FW3.31 in Motor Configuration structure. The fix will be easy but for now my recommendation:

If you run FW 3.31 or above, do not use Modes If you run FW 3.30 or below, you can use Modes

The same applies to Perimetr. Not compatible with 3.31 or above.

Downgrade everyone? :smile:

3 Likes

Some people might not keep up with this thread. So you might want to make sure you aren’t screwing anyone’s build up.

1 Like

Yup, that’s why I was trying to solve it as soon as possible. Android hotfix is already out and iOS is on the way through App Store Review.

5 Likes

Wow great work Roman. So many enhancements. I can’t believe how awesome this app is. I will strive for a better crazy ipad screenshot now! All the best. Thank you and happy anniversary. oh and Dude that overlay!!! :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Done it again, thanks Roman, i still haven’t tested since App store takes a while to distribute to all servers, loved the multiply data, and was waiting for it. The TCP Server will be great to who keep changing settings all the time (I guess everyone) and is tired of removing a lot of enclosure screws each time

But since you said to keep suggestions coming here we go:

-On the records screen and right beside the clock or somewhere Wh/km or Wh/mi depending on the unit settings

-The modes just took the app to another level, the only thing missing is to also include ERPM limits to limit speed, my little cousin loves my e-skate, but no way i’m letting her ride if the board can get to 30 km/h or so, even if that takes a long time at a low current and wattage limit. I do’nt if it’s a whole other parameter set that has to be included, but if i remember correct it’s all the sema string on the fw

1 Like

Is the metr.at app working with any HM-10 bluetooth module or do we absolutely have to buy your module? I couldn’t find the information on your site.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind, found the answer in the first post.

Roman - Have found that I cant use % in mode description - there maybe a good reason for this. Cheers

Awesome update. Can you add the update post to the first post.

So the new updated version will be marked in App Store as 2.0.1?

@rpasichnyk good job! i really admire your perseverance :slight_smile:

1 Like

can’t say beter than you !

Love what you done more !! Hope this will be soon on last FW version too !!! Actualy I test to release the button under the heatshrink, deport the module outside of the box … nothing I reccord 300m on my last run and its been a while before it reccord something ! I will send it to Pimousse to pass to 9600b … my last hope (I will try with an iphone too this time, all my android = same result). I almost dream about to use your Overlay :blush: The flash code to share is so cool !!!

Roman Could you please explain how to set up the TCP bridge (after much googling I am none the wiser) I am running vesc tool on windows 8 pc with a wireless connection to a router and running metr app on iphone 6 many thanks

@Pedrodemio thank you for suggestions! I really want to add speed limit to Modes, but ERPM is too unintuitive, I want to replace it with km/h. But this requires the poles and pulley and wheel diameter to be setup correctly by the user.

@squad The updated version is already out (and Perimetr too), App Store Review was surprisingly quick. Now everyone should be able to use any firmware version.

@SkaterBoy58 I prepared this video, I hope it is self-explanatory

7 Likes

I agree, and if the user has no idea of what that means it could end in a dangerous situation, maybe a pop up when it’s is changed saying all that would be enough

Great update, really nice work! Makes me even more happy I got your module and I’m using your tools.

You forgot to mention one small update: iPhone X support :wink:

I think I found an issue/bug in the modes. With @Ackmaniac 3.100 firmware when I tap the “Read” button, the Maximum Braking Wattage value is wrong. I have them at 15000/-15000 but this is what the app is showing:

The TCP server is also great. I assume it is not possible to connect to the master VESC if BT module is connected to slave?

In terms of suggestions, having temperature and speed not tied to metric/imperial would be nice… I’m used to celsius but speed in miles.

Thanks again for the update.

So can you use the new modes feature with the Watt Control firmware?

Updates are fantastic (module and app in general, I’m a huge advocate/fan). Modes feature was enough to convince me to upgrade my firmware which has never been done by me so had to compile a bunch of bits before doing the upgrade but 99.999% working. I seem to have an issue where the distance is coming up 0 but think it’s to do with my phone GPS or something will try without GPS distance tracking and see if it tracks the miles, seems if my Nexus 5X is asleep in my pocket it doesn’t give the GPS location updates or something.

Amazing work Roman! But Im having trouble connecting with my Android phone. Are there any limitations with Bluetooth on Android?

Thanks!

1 Like

I use android as well no issues here with connecting, what happens when you scan in the app? (just make sure bluetooth is on in the background don’t need to pair just scan in app)

It is possible! Just select CAN fwd in VESC tool, worked for me when I tried!