Crazy experiments

I like this idea. Mostly you are just using the board for break control/resistance at speed. I am going to try a similar idea with 4 v4 xl’s.

You do not need a big battery if you are mostly using it for downhill video runs. You just want the 4wd for the smooth even breaking at speed.

EDIT: Plus i think 4 full urethane wheels will handle the speed better than the hub urethane on hummie’s.

1 Like

i’m putting together a wiring harness for a lipo backpack right now. Sign me up for selective elimination.

5 Likes

Well yeah, i if i uave a 2k build that only works downhill as a follow cam that would suck haha. Still want it a a group ride alternative.

Trued some folowcams ona normal board, basically if you record a run you go balls to the wall. So I am at my limit as well. Holding a gimbal is impossible and if i mount it on my head it gets choppy and ruined in turns and slides/speed checks…

i want a drone i can’t outrun so we can capture the experience of riding better. I’m hoping this year to get a fancy one with “follow me” and all that that can work with my go-pro hero black.

That sounds fun. I’ll take a road trip from DC down to FL for that group ride!

1 Like

i’ll be here!

Yeah man, actually had one of our guys follow us with his drone on a group ride Sad that all afordable ones cap out at 40-45 km/h. But imagine a skilled drone pilot flying behind a guy doing 80+ thos shots could be the shizzel!!

that is a lot of regen-current to deal with… it needs to go somewhere?

1 Like

True 10char

My Mavic Pro Plat would be up to the task, 40mph(65kph) and it runs in FOC :grin:

I wouldn’t trust regen brakes for fast downhill. Wasn’t there someone making disk brakes that would be a fun experiment

1 Like

Trampas have the Magura disc brake system

or the NoSno disks are even better. 2 pads per disk vs 1…

I wonder if disks can be adapted to urethane wheels (or gummies) because I assume that’s what he’d use.

1 Like

Well honestly at higher speeds wind is your best friend for slowing down. Like 60 to 40 is done real quick when you release your tuck and air brake. Added with roll resistance that about all I need. Normally you dont really brake on a nice run. Speedcheck and predrifts sure but I feel like with the above mentioned I shouod ve findle with the occasional footbrake mayby.

Also wouod be scared to bust a slide at 40+ no idea what would uappen to hubs. Also i reckon a flatspot would suck major ass :wink: