Custom 18650 Battery (Pre-Build)

@shred

For what it’s worth, I’m going to try DIY’s 12S3P w/ 80A Fuse and the SPACE Cell PRO4 w/ 40A Fuse

All signs point to using the 12S3P for Carvons.

If I really want to use the space cell and the 40A limit is a problem, here’s an example of someone bypassing that with the old space cell

Bypassing BMS of space cell to pull more amps - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

Wish I knew how to build my own pack. I’ve been watching this thread to see how it goes.

@TheWrongHombre

12S will give you more power by the same amps.

I decided to build a 10S3P, I’ve a single 190kv / 2200 Watt motor. 10S == 37Volts. 2200Watts / 37Volts = around 60 amps. So that means if I would get 2200 Watts out of my motor (which is the max the motor can do) I will have current of 60 amps going.

That’s the reason why I thought I buy this 60A BMS. But now I figured that it might be hard to make the connectors between all the cells support 60A continuous and I guess that is as well what manufacturing will say, which might as well be the reason why they only support around 30 to 45 amps continuous. (just a guess)

If I would have a 12S you would have higher Voltage, meaning you will get more power/watts by the same current.

Like, if I would have 12S to support the max 2200Watts of my motor (12S = 44,4Vols, 2200Watts / 44Volts = 50 amps), I would only have to deal with 50 amps instead of the 60A I have to deal with now.

To get the theoretical stuff done now, if you have two motors with 2250 Watts makes a total of 4500 Watts the max amps these two motors would draw while providing 2250Watts each would be around 120 amps if you have a 10S (37V).

But I actually really don’t have a clue how many watts you really need while riding, I don’t have a electric skateboard yet :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading a bit and some people say you only need a few amps for normal riding. Where you need more is for uphill and for accelerating. Otherwise you shouldn’t need much actually.

Sorry that’s all theoretical stuff. A 12S3P or even a 10S should be enough to have lots of fun riding even with the given limitations… I guess :slight_smile:

Any update to the battery?

The BMS you suggested cuts the power at 3,0 V, but the cells you have go down till 2,5 V. Don’t you waste a lot of energy then?

It’s not wasting energy. The cells will probably last longer for the compromise of less range.

Yes, exactly what @pantologist said

Do u know any discount code for skateshred? I understand that its ehlers wholesale

I don’t…I know that if you buy a few they always give me a deal