Did i wire my BMS up right?

But im getting no readings from the other side and when i do its like 0.8V or 4V or something really low? Hmm.

If you move the black multimeter probe off the fat black battery negative wire, the reading you get will be incorrect

That is the reading i get whenever the black wire is on the main black wire on the battery. I just tested the entire pack getting 40V then 10V 10V 8V 8V 4V 4V on the other side but 16V 24.2V and 36V and 4V on the red side of the pack.

That sounds more correct and shows the little black balance wire is not actually at 3.7V

Ive got a video on the way

There seems to be some wrong wiring here. Why do you have two wires on the same place? Have you drawn a schematic of how you think it should be wired? Is this 10s (seems so according to the voltage)?

This is an example of how to wire a BMS. Note - it is not certain that this is the same for your BMS.

1 Like

His cells aren’t oriented in the snake pattern but more in the U pattern

Yeah i used a guide like that, thats how the first BMS went up in smoke.

I also tried to follow the original wires and when i did that it also wasnt correct, the cloest ive been so far has been this but still dosnt seem correct.

It’s not correct, but you need to understand why before fixing it, and it was because you were referencing the voltage measurements to the wrong places. Always measure the voltage against battery minus

Those measurements are correct, so your first balance lead (small black wire) goes to the 4V measurement, the second balance lead (small light-orange wire) goes to the 8V measurement and so on. Down one side from B- and then back on the opposite side

Okay thanks i just wired it up, one video on its way to make sure its right.

1 Like

hahaha, trust me i tried to record it the right way.

But my phone for some reason prefers to record it vertical.

Yes, that is how they need to be wired. :slight_smile:

Awesome, so it was really just each had to go up by 4? So its 4 8 12 16 20 24 28 32 36 and 40.

Easssy damn.

1 Like

You also need to wire them the correct way on the connector from B- towards B+. Not the other way around. It should be stated in the BMS schematics how it should be connected.

1 Like

They are all B+

But i did B10 is 40V B9 is 36V B8 is 32V and so on.

That is correct.

1 Like