Did i wire my BMS up right?

Hmm something is wrong some where, just plugged it in to charge.

Says its already fully charge when its not.

What voltage is your charger?

Its a 42V (10S) 1.5 Amp charger

1 Like

Looks like its charging my bet is its saying its fully charged since the first balance lead is overcharged my guess would be that i need to cycle it a few times before it stops doing it.

this is correct

1 Like

The first time you charge it it may take a ridiculously long time if it’s unbalanced. Leave it on the charger and keep checking to see if the voltage is climbing. Like leave it there for 3 hours and see if the voltage went up at all. Then try 12 hours. If it’s climbing but very very slowly, then it’s just balance-charging and that should only happen the first time until the pack gets balanced

Yeah exactly what i was thinking, letting it sit for 30 min to check if the voltages has changed.

The main + wire said 42V when i plugged the charger in so it looks like it is charging since its only 40V when i take it out.

1 Like

Yep works thanks, went from 40V to 40.4V now and the rest of the cells thats already at the norm voltage isnt charging.

1 Like

When the red light turns green, it DOES NOT mean it’s done charging. It means the charger switched from constant current to constant voltage mode. Typically, for a balanced pack, that means it’s ALMOST done charging. If your pack is way off balance, especially if you just manufactured it, it may need to sit on green for a long time. The cells are being balanced by the BMS so they are all the same voltage exactly.

1 Like

Exactly, ill keep and eye on the pack for the rest of the day and tomorrow ill give an update to see how well it went.

Just saved 300 bucks and almost able to have a fully working diy board now thanks.

Just one problem, my charging port is a bit to big so need to take it out to fit the pack but worth it.

3 Likes