Does it matter which way you mount your trucks?

I’m just going to leave this here image

2 Likes
5 Likes

Appreciate the helpful responses :slight_smile: always good to learn :pray: thanks

7 Likes

Come on now. You have to start somewhere and if you don’t ask then you won’t ever find out. To a lot of guys and gals this is all brand new, to others its something we’ve done for years. A thread like this opens your eyes to all kinds of possibilities and I for one would not be so arrogant as to assume I know everything and really helpful links pop up a la @treenutter. Thanks for that btw. Encourage not ridicule is the name of the game. Peace

6 Likes

@Treenutter is on top of it but there are something that are just to simple if you have ever skated/looked at complete boards. Plus there is a noob question thread for these type of questions.

if-you-amp-039-re-gonna-argue-on-the-internet-you-amp-039-re-gonna-have-a-bad-time_o_1952533

10 Likes

The noob thread questions can be lost in a hundred different answers and this way anyone else that has wondered can hit the search and low and behold get the answers they need. Kind of how the forum works.

4 Likes

Im gonna start a thread about what way to install truck hardware. Who knows maybe ive been doing it wrong and the nuts go ontop of the deck. Lol

8 Likes

It would actually work if you put washers in between the nut and the deck.

1 Like

You definitely want the pivot cups toward the ends of the deck. That being said, everything else is up for negotiation. Your imagination is the only limit.

@Skunk Yes, you can even mount the trucks on top of the deck if you want, with the nuts on top.

slammed-lowrider-skateboard-build-0001

8 Likes

You stole that picture from me…

7 Likes

Is it wrong I can see a use case for that style of mount…

use some offroadwheels with snow chains, apply snowboard wax to bottom of board buy ski pass and head for the hills :smile:

Could handle some REAL deep snow

2 Likes

I did not; I stole it from thegeekpub via duckduckgo.

1 Like

You can do whatever you want boys

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/8473?u=brenternet

7 Likes

‎he so did

2 Likes

Sure… because i haven’t shown you that exact pic multiple times… sure

You can lead a horse to water, but only the horse can decide to drink.

2 Likes

But you’re not a horse. You’re an asshole that gets off on "being right "

2 Likes

You’re the horse. You’ve been shown the source of information, but chose to ignore it.

1 Like