šŸ² Drakaina >> LaCroix (Sender'ized), Moon Gear Drive, 6er's, SR TKP's, 10s6p, dual FocBox, Unik Risers...and the blood of Skatan!

IMG_20190307_150558_1551992894638

Individually the components used in the build are for the most part common. With @Senderā€™s skin work and @moonā€™s gear drive combined with SUrf Rodz TKPā€™s, Psychotiller 6 Shooters, massive 10s6p battery pack all on a LaCroix deck itā€™s a new level of awesome.

A little history, in a short timeā€¦

1. I like Dragons, always have. If I was a Dragon I would definitely burn cities and have a massive gold horde, so yeah.
  2. The beginning of this design process was to build something to take to Colorado that would be fast, long range, comfortable and epic. I think that has happened, in epic fashion.

This build is the culmination of 6 months of planning, the help of many people including @Sender and @moon and lots of testing.

@Sender did all of the finish work on a LaCroix second (there was a couple little defects in the CF, nothing structural). In fact, on his new build he wanted a 12s6p so I just traded him cells for a complete battery, I came out well on that trade :slight_smile:. @Sender had so much to do with this build, its as much his as it is mine. You rock brother and I appreciate you.

I have been working with @moon for months on this gear drive system, itā€™s everything I wanted in a gear driven drivetrain, he did an excellent job. The covers are my own design, which is still preliminary and will be available to everyone for free as soon as I finalize the model. I have a couple of things I want to change, like the depth can be slightly less that its current form, I want to add internal filets to control the grease flow on turn and I am adding a bumper option to the motor side of the cover for rear mount motors.

Most people are using adjustable mounts to make Surf Rodz trucks fit MTB decks, I had the Unik Risers from another build that I wasnā€™t happy with so I used them instead of spending more money. I am so happy with them, solid as hell.

I am currently using an old Benchwheel remote I had, waiting on a used Hoyt Puck from another person on the esk8 scene, should have it this weekend.

I will update the build sheet and data calculations as the config and or hardware changes, but I donā€™t see anything significant coming up.

Drakaina%201%20-%20030719

Drakaina%202%20-%20030719

Drakaina%203%20-%20030719

The ride experience is incredible. Itā€™s so comfortable and Iā€™m really locked in. Its fast and extremely curvy (cones street side front and back). Glass Frit is so much better than grip tape, I donā€™t even know how to describe it, you just need to experience it. I rode for about 10 miles last night and barely touched the battery, I figured the efficiency at 80% since Iā€™m running pneumatics but I think itā€™s going to be closer to 90%.

if you wanna know more about where the name came from, look hereā€¦

45 Likes

Beautiful builder collaboration

8 Likes

Calling me a builder is too kind

10 Likes

What a beast ! Wonderful masterpiece :star_struck::sparkles::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Very cool/flaming hot build. I was wondering what that scaly deck was going to become.

Smaug would be proudā€¦or jealousā€¦or aroused. :dragon: 0716_smaug_416x416

7 Likes

So psyched on this build! Canā€™t wait to ride it!

Awesome work @mmaner!

4 Likes

It looks like you could mount the motors way higher for more clearance, why not? Also, although I hate to be that guy, I think your tire treads are pointed backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall super unique looking build! You gotta share some videos of you riding this beast! :smiley:

3 Likes

It wonā€™t be long, prolly next week if itā€™s dry.

1 Like

No reason too, thereā€™s as much clearance as there is ever gonna be tlThe majority of the motor plate is round, so it would just be a pivot. Plus it looks cool. :smiley:

Hey @Sender found him, you owe me 5 bucks :smiley:.

@rusins We had a discussion about the treads on 6 ers and how someone always sees if they are pointed incorrectly, so itā€™s just a thing I do now :yum:. Plus I donā€™t ride in the rain.

5 Likes

You never disappoint! Fantastic build again!

@moon the gear drive is looking impressive! @Sender youre becoming a damn artist with your deck workā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m good with any it all three :smiley:.

4 Likes

@mmaner Thatā€™s one sweet Build!

Because you can appreciate a good Dragon, I feel compelled to submit this video of Strong Bad drawing Trogdor the Burninator in all his majesty.

!!!Warning!!! Ignore this if you donā€™t like 15 year old internet cartoons starring masked wrestlers who answer fan emails for our entertainment.

https://youtu.be/90X5NJleYJQ

3 Likes

You are one master baiter @mmaner :joy:

I wanted to be that guy, but this isnā€™t a car so not quite sure it even matters ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

3 Likes

Sweet build! What kind of risers are those? Ive been looking for something like that to experiment with.

1 Like

Those are some that @okp made a couple of years ago, really solid.

5 Likes

tenor%20(1)

7 Likes

kit-harington-impersonates-daenarys-ftr

11 Likes

That looks like @Sender last Halloween!!

4 Likes

Also HO-lee-dragon-shit. Thereā€™s so many points of awesome I donā€™t even know where to begin. I believe Drakaina should be nominated for top build 2019. Damn. Builds have come a long way in 3 years!!!

7 Likes

Nice comboā€¦sheā€™s a monster beautifulā€¦ @Sender the scales look realā€¦tear your soles off if you pull up too fastā€¦lol @moonā€¦very nice @psychotillerā€¦only the best

A beeā€™s dick between the motors. It looks like some nice flex.

2 Likes