Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

I will take photos while I’m working on it this week. And also Adams.

1 Like

omg you both have similar profile pics

4 Likes

I even get confused by that sometimes.

2 Likes

Carbon fiber is not signal friendly for remotes. At all. The only reason that the Evolve Carbons or the Gen 1 Enertion Raptors work at all was because they used fiberglass lids, and Enertion discovered that a bit late in the game and had to issue new lids to mitigate drop outs. Fiberglass is radio transparent, so the signal was essentially unobstructed.

Don’t put carbon fiber between the receiver and the remote. The signal may be obstructed more than desirable. That means don’t wrap your deck in it and then put the receiver on the bottom. If the receiver has a whip, route it up through the deck and under the grip, or something clever to mitigate the signal blocking effects of the carbon fiber.

4 Likes

When we started talking about carbon fiber decks I had thought about interference. Then noticed @longhairedboy is on top of it. Definitely something to really think about. Carbon fiber looks cool but 1. takes away from the beautiful look of grain and can cause interference with the remote and receiver. Fiberglass would be better cause you still can see the grain and doesn’t cause interference. If someone wants the carbon fiber look just make it a faux carbon graphic. That would give the person the look they want without the problems

Yes… a thousand times yes That’s exactly the deck I’m looking for

1 Like

I prefer a footstop on a flat nose. And yeah, front trucks as far forward as possible. And the tail needs to be 6.5" to 8.5", no shorter. Short tails are annoying, especially on a 15lb or 25lb board.

1 Like

Yep, I need exactly this

Awesome stuff @drangboards

I know this is off topic, but do you have any experience making snowboards? If so, I might have a project you could help me with… :slight_smile:

Theres another good option if you need a kick tail on a deck which have none. There are corc wedges out there used for yoga. They are pretty cheap and easy to prepare to fulfill your needs. I found them today and i will try it on my baffle 37 after the foam i used as a tail was not lasting for very long.Kork-Yoga-Keil-lang-YOGA-STILVOLL-e1487256114210

3 Likes

Glad to see some more traffic on this. Thanks for the reply @longhairedboy. Definitely potential for a really cool deck here.

Same here (when it comes to esk8)

1 Like

Here here! I would say though that the purpose of this thread isn’t only 1 deck. it is many.

4 Likes

I think having the battery compartment area be as flat as possible would be ideal for building batteries. Minimal flex(if any).

3 Likes

If we were talking about 1 deck and 1 deck only, this one would be that deck.

I’m talking to Psychotiller about making a cover for the batteries. The UK Group buy is likely to be this same deck. Do you UK dudes want to get Psychotiller enclosures, or do you want to put me in touch with the person who can make em out there. It is very likely I’ll be designing a mold, so this looks really good, and not too DIYish.

Let’s figure it out.

7 Likes

Hell yeah. I knew he would be up for this.

2 Likes

What are the dimensions on that deck? length wheelbase ,width

42" long, 10" wide, WB 28-29. Mild rocker, with microdrop (.5" between the two) 25-26" EFP (effective foot platform) .6" concave at 10" wide The kick eskate needs…

6 Likes

Damn that’s long.

4 Likes

that’s what she said.

3 Likes

This mold can have as low as 26" WB.