Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Yeah, frickin long! I did hoped for something 36-38 inches.

How long is the tail? Remember these are 15 lb (6.8kg) to 25 lb (11.3kg) boards

image This deck will weigh about 5 lbs. Maybe 5.5ā€¦

1 Like

Not once weā€™re done with them :rofl:

Itā€™s hard to pop a heavy board up with a tail thatā€™s been cropped

1 Like

Admittedly I was hoping for 38 Max. Iā€™ve got two 40inch + decks. But im still interested. I just wanted something I could have my front foot above the front truck and still be able to lock in with the kicktail without feeling like Iā€™m doing the splits

1 Like

Get a Adam0311 board, thatā€™s 38, exactly what youā€™re looking forā€¦ How much tail do you need?

1 Like

Iā€™m not trying to pop it, only manual it and deweight the front wheels when needed.

With that length you have to spread like crazy! Iā€™m on 40 Inch and can not really make use of my tail.

1 Like

Do you have images of the finished deck? It has a battery cutout too right?

7.5" (19cm) from rear bolts

I can move the wheel bases in to 26-27 or 26 28 which would save a few inches on the deck. All the possibilities are endless. I donā€™t want anyone to get pigeon holeā€™d into the idea that weā€™re doing 1 design. This is a custom service.

6 Likes

I wonder how difficult it would be to have an enclosure that slides together for multiple sizes

Ah accordian battery case. Sounds like you need some sleep hahaha jk dude jk.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about!!!

2 Likes

The UK and Europe have @bigben for enclosure

Makes it from fiberglass

1 Like

No. There are pictures posted of other decks which have been cut out of this mold, but none yet have been built to be eskates. There will be 1 at least this week. Gonna just keep it going after that. Iā€™m looking to build a replacement deck for my Boosted set up, probably after my warranty runs outā€¦ Then weā€™re going to do some enertion decks. Weā€™re working on a group buy of this 42" deck with the EU folks. Adam0311 is also first on the listā€¦ The monster truck deck is another one this week. And plenty of DIY kits. The thing is, this planning phase is the part of the process that takes most of the time up. After that, itā€™s just draw a few lines, program cuts, and make it real.

I still need to get my vacuum bag running, and Iā€™ll be able to do some full composite wraps. Stoked on all of it.

3 Likes

Skunk youā€™re right. It needs to be modular. Module battery and esc boxes would be rad.

2 Likes

Makes me all warm inside when i hear that. Lol j/k

Iā€™m definitely really excited at the prospect of this.

3 Likes

Too long right? I feel like the R2 deck is already too long. @drangboards is the EFP how wide your stance will be while in the mirco drops cause thatā€™s one reason I got rid of my R2 deck and put my raptor set up on the moonshine outlaw (love it btw) but the drops are just way to close togetherā€¦ grant it I am 6ā€™3" but still, shorter friends say the same thing, doesnā€™t give you the comfortable lock in feel you want with drops so hoping your deck will be wider cause I like everything else so far. Besides it being a little long tooā€¦ lol. But kicktail 110% a must.

Modular to me means ā€œit leaksā€ and ā€œdesign was compromised to make it modularā€

I think itā€™d be better to have custom-fit enclosures from @psychotiller and @Eboosted and @bigben

4 Likes