Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

Giant pressurised sand bag or something?

1 Like

@drangboards In all seriousness can it be done in 36inch with 28inch wheel base cut out 23" long x 6 " wide Deep as you feel safe and a layer of carbon fiber or fiberglass to stiffen it up.(whatever cheaper) 38 if needed

Yep. Skunk we can do that. Any shape is doable, w or no w concave, laminate after routing which would be really nice on the eyes, and we could keep the plies down to maybe 7 wood plies only.

Just made a quick video on how we add w concave to a mold and still get stellar laminates.

8 Likes

Workshop tour would be nice :wink:

3 Likes

How much kicktail would that leave at 36inchs?

1 Like

28 plus 5 33 plus a half inch front, (minimum) leaves 2.5" for the tail. We could do a 26" WB though, and that would leave 4.5" for the tail.

2 Likes

Great!

Never new it was possible to use Giant air bag.

What is the origin of this concept? Is it mostly a cost reduction strategy? since now you never need to develop the male side of mold?

Brilliant

I’ll upload a shop tour at some point.

4 Likes

? Im drawing a blank as to what that stands for

Awesome just figured out how to quote posts. Might be better this way. Yeah, cost reduction for sure, size and weight reduction, and it turns out having a soft male side of the mold allows for better laminates because wood isn’t always the same thickness through each ply, and asking it to become uniform in thickness causes issues on decks I guess. Come to find out Powell Peralta uses a similar set up, (much cooler and more specialized.) Our strength is that we can do any concave any time. Wait till you see our modular mold system, it can do almost anything. Not all bends like this method, but most do.

5 Likes

That stands for wheel base. It really means the distance between the inner truck mounts. It doesn’t represent the Wheel base, as different trucks will give a different true wheel base.

1 Like

Lolol wow yeah… sorry. Dr got me on pain pills for my arm.

1 Like

38inch deck. I don’t wanna lose wb. Want enough for 12s5p flat pack.

Is there any way someone can hook me up with some CAD files for motors?

@moon help?

1 Like

I get mine from www.grabcad.com

Just type in 6374

You need an account aswell

3 Likes

https://grabcad.com/library/aps-6384s-brushless-motor-1

https://grabcad.com/library/tag/?page=1&time=all_time&sort=recent&query=6374

https://grabcad.com/library/keda-6364-190kv-bldc-motor-1

https://grabcad.com/library/6353-bldc-outrunner-brushless-motor-1

5sec google search :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Edit: i see moon beat me to it

2 Likes

K cool, next step of the journey, thank you. If anyone has a low angle baseplate made up that would be cool. I might just makeshift one I guess I need axle height, but risers can be whatever. CAD file that would be cool. I might know a dude. BRB (tomorrow). If Drang puts an E board out “quote unquote” then it will be this one first haha. I am doing another one with a DIY kit, as a pure experiment.

Offroad wheels on a 18"WB sized skateboard mold with full double kicks.

I really need to get my funing running again too. The leads on the charger while it was plugged in, and touched then it immediatly stopped working.

3 Likes

I bet @mmaner does. He’s probably sleeping.

1 Like

Fuck I wake up and there is so many new things here. Seeing some sick looking decks, Ive never been a fan of the slide through mounts prefer the drop through but to each there own. And we found out @Skunk is a noob in disguise for not know what WB is… LOL sorry dude. I feel like a slide through with a drop down deck would really only be able to have motors mounted out the rear depending on mount length and how deep the drop is cause if it is a flexy deck could tap the motors while spinning I may be wrong just what I’m thinking. Maybe just the drop/slide through. Unless motor mounts/ motor fit in a wheel well.

Also what about an extra layer of wood instead of putting carbon fiber or fiberglass over the bottom let that beautiful wood grain show you cant hid is away. On the plus side @drangboards you wouldnt have to worry about a graphic on the bottom as the bottom would be covered by a enclosure with the battery compartment set on the bottom of deck.

3 Likes