Electric longboard // Beginner

it should work only thing I see that it comes with a 11mm belt width. For a single drive l won’t go lower than 12mm or the belt will slip. Ask the seller whether you can use a 12mm or 15mm belt with it. THen if you need a a different motor pulley, use one of the link I sent you above from Aliexpress. There you can find belts and motor pulley.

I chcecked the links you sent but there is only motor pulley, but i found something like this, do you think it’ll fit the wheels properly? https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-ABEC-Flywheel-Pulley-Kit-15mm-Wide-Belts-/401346364035?oid=253325029643

I know the other link is only motor Pulley. That’s why I posted it. Since the kit give you 11t and 36t you only need to buy a cheap motor Pulley with 15/16t to get a better ration. Find motor Pulley it’s easier than wheel Pulley. Anyhow the kit you posted is ok. Again it will give you 11 and 36 so to me order an additional motor Pulley and correct belt is worth it.

What do you mean by correct belt? Is this one bad? I understand motor pulley

I mean that if you change the motor pulley you will also need a different belt length. Bigger motor or wheel pulley will require a slightly longer belt. Although from the seller I linked to you you get good belt for really really cheap compare EU stores. Just remember to chose HTD5M belt to have deeper teeth and since you will take a 15mm pulley kit (which is great) to pick up 15mm belt. Really strong.

Ok, but 20pounds is 26usd and + shipping from usa/Belgium is almost same price as my link, so i think i choose mine link, because things are going to get easier

Tomorrow I am going to send final kit.com link to let you check if all is going to work

No maybe you didn’t understand what I meant. What I said is the kit you post is ok. Buy it! I only said that the kit you posted has a 11t motor Pulley and 36t wheel Pulley. So to adjust the ratio my advice was to get another motor Pulley. That’s why the link from the AliExpress seller. I do not know how to explain my self better. I didn’t mean any shipment to Belgium.

I understand everything veary clear, if i notice that my board won’t have enough speed then i change it

Final kit, what do you think? https://kit.com/xeroxgame/electric-longboard-v2

and btw I see one more cable in motor, what is it for? And cables from motor and vesc are very short, any extension?

The pulley kit is fine, only thing ask the seller which belt width you can use it. THe one they provide is 11mm and if that is the maximum, to me is too narrow. At least 12mm, better 15mm like the previous kit you found. The motor has 3 phase wires (the one with bullet connector) and one jst 6 pins connector for the sensors. Your motor can run sensored but is not mandatory. Yes the phase wires are short, but the wire on the vesc are long and could be enough, otherwise you need to buy new bullet connectors male and females and solder them with 12 awg wire to make extensions. I recommend anyway to change the 4mm bullet connector present on Motors with 5.5 bullet connector, same thing for the vesc. HK has the 5.5 bullet connector https://hobbyking.com/en_us/polymax-5-5mm-gold-connectors-10-pairs-20pc.html. The sensor wire usually comes with the wrong JST for the VESC, They are usually JST ZH 6 pins but you need JST PH pins. Although this model was made for electric skateboard from HK, so can be that it already has the right JST. Ask in the thread on the forum or to HK directly.

I’ve linked wrong pulley kit, i’ll buy this https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-ABEC-Flywheel-Pulley-Kit-15mm-Wide-Belts-/401346364035 and I’ll buy 5.5 bullet connectors. I asked hk if it sensor is going to work (and what is this sensor for?) Is there any diffrence in red/black awg cable?

The sensor is to run the motor sersored or not. It give yuo a better start from stop. Really smooth. TO better understand without sensors you will need to kick push your board to start, otherwise the motor will rattle at the beginning. After you move there is no difference. The kit ok. NO differnce in red and black wires. we usually use red for positive and black for negative, but the only different is the silicon color. For phase wire better to use the black one for a perfect match.

Ok, thanks for all, I’ll order everything in a few days, I’ll let you know when my board is going to be finished/if i’m going to have any troubles :wink:

No problem. Take your time and read when you connect batteries, vesc ecc…otherwise is easy to blow stuff. Good luck!

1 Like

I was just about to order, but i think i forgot about anti spark switch/ power switch, but i can’t find any cheap one, could you help me?

1 Like

You can use an xt60

Fair price and super nice, I am using it since day 1 @Martinsp http://electricskateboard.repair/index.php?id_product=36&controller=product. Otherwise you can make an antispark loop, it is cheaper but kinda annoying plug and unplug it everytime.

2 Likes

25€ is kinda too expensive, i world prefer antispark loop, if i build one/buy then how am i supposed to connect it? My series connector is wireless