Electric snowboard/scooter/snowmobile

Hey guys!

As for must of us are getting into winter time soon, how cool would it be to build some kind of electric snowmobile?

Like these ones.

personally i would love to have something to ride on, and maybe for the parents something that is really handy to drags your kids up the hill when it’s time for some fun :wink:

Any tips and tips and ideas?

3 Likes

:star_struck: 1’000’000 times agrie ! Love the 1st one, but the 2nd look even more offroad … I’m sure it could be super fun !! Where do you leave ? :v:

snowmobile seems boring, id like to see an electric snowboard where you lean to steer

1 Like

This seems boring? :smiley:

I like the idea,ive always wanted to ride a snowmobile :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeah but thoose already exist, just go ride them, but picture something with similar power that you can snow surf on, just seems cooler

Ill ride them when i am in the right area :slight_smile:

How would the batteries deal with the cold? I assume it will be fine

1 Like

Here are some bad electric snowboard http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/2013/06/propulsurf.html, @moon okey gotta say that seem pretty awsome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You would need a battery warmer, they can keep them self warm while running provided the enclosure has enough insulation.

1 Like

From what I remember there was a gas powered snowboard that had a set of track in the middle of board. I dont recall what it was called but I expect the company is defunct.

Snowmobiles are fucking awesome! I’ve had an arctic cat 440, Lynx 600 and might be buying a Viking next year! Electric would be cool :slight_smile: Can’t be hard to build one. Lot of space under the hood for batteries

2 Likes

i guess you just use the edges of the snowboard to turn should work, but thoose builds does not seem good in any way

1 Like

7 Likes

Hah I remember that one :grin: did it turn okish?

It was crap, but not because of the skis. The airless tires shrink a lot in the cold. less than 60 seconds in 30f they just spin around on the hub. I’m gonna try it again this year with standard 6 shooters and chains. There’s not a lot of lean steer but it is steerable.

1 Like

prolly not well, better suited to ice or shallow drifts

6 shooters would be a much better match for this project. Urethane is so slippery when wet. How about 3 skies with one in the middle a bit further back? Would help with steering /stability on turns

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea. I thought about using some MBS wheels but they don’t do great in the ultra cold either.

1 Like

Damn I really need an excuse to build this

@Meche is that your render? I found a website that shows it but it could be yours lol (probably not)

4 Likes

Trampas 9" with snowchains is another option. It’s an expencive set of wheels tho… And mounting some semi round/oval solid tubes under the skees will defenitely improve steering. I mean just like regular snowmobiles do…

1 Like

Deep snow, you say? Here is you’re answer. I’ve wanted to make an Esk8 version of this for so long. If only someone with the skills and resources could make this a reality. @Duffman, @Nowind?

ken-block-wrx-sti-trax-585(2)

7 Likes