Elofty Direct Drive

I’ve skimmed through the thread and couldn’t find anything, but has anyone figured out a way to adapt this drive to the cheap 6x2 pneumatics?

@mishrasubhransu would be best equipped to answer this.

Are you implying EUCs have no torque? Becuase if so, you should ride one. Youll be shocked :stuck_out_tongue:

even my entry level ninebot has a amount of oomph

1 Like

Not so much torque compare to diy Esk8, we have a few Msuper X 84v and they play catch up with us but holy shit they have range for days …

2 Likes

I’m itching to get one to ride trails :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that new Nikola is sexy …

1 Like

Just an heads up, but I’ve been using these DD for a while now. I’m roughly around 300 miles and I think they’re fantastic. They super solid and I think the standard KV is perfect. Good torque and decent speed. I wouldn’t get one with higher kv.

7 Likes

Hey buddy, you live in SF correct… weird that I never ran into you,… you should come out to our group rides …

2 Likes

6d40daf9-0a5a-42ce-8226-bdb15d42a46e

noob question so i have this setup right now and i want to place the drive on this setup.

i will just repurpose the esc and sanyo battery from my wowgo2s. is that enough? i 'm not really into speed i want just range and ability to offroad a bit

With 10s2p sanyo battery, DD, nummies, there will be no range or off road due to battery sag and esc low amperage. Most likely your range is going to be worst.

4 Likes

ok i need to upgrade that

No. Because the axle is not long enough. I just made some 3D printed hubs to go with the same tires though. I have shared the files above as a Google drive Link.

1 Like

For the people who are interested in buying eLofty groupbuy(ends May 15th) there are some updates and clarification. Please check.

Whats the specs on that $650 DD board?

1 Like

I’m still learning about esk8 tech. Would this be compatible with any of the budget boards battery/esc as a direct swap from the hub motors?

Yup. I can confirm because I’ve done it with two different LiYing ESCs (Meepo original 2 speed and Diyeboard 4 speed belt version). I imagine if will work just as well if not better with a Hobbywing ESC.

Would it also require a battery upgrade?

Sorry, should have added that to my answer. No, will work fine with whatever 10s battery you’re using. I have used my Meepo Sanyo 10s2p pack exclusively.

@mishrasubhransu I have Kenna look into making alu version of your wheel hubs.

17 Likes

count me interested as well!

Which tyres would fit?

6" ??? 10cccccccc