Elofty Direct Drive

It has arrived, it has arrived. :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Its been 30+ minutes. We’ve lost him to the drives. :sob:

e: what a cruel fate, liking my post then skedaddling :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Update no one wanted:

For shits and grins, I just hooked the eLofty motors to a Meepo 1.0 esc and it works surprisingly well.

Will quit fucking around and get the 6.6 dualie hooked up this weekend. But it’s good to know that if I have another Vescpocalypse one of these days, I’ll have an additional option to keep riding these puppies on the daily.

You can go barf now.

7 Likes

Ughhh rkp variant please!!!

2 Likes

Hey Bill, with meepesc did you experience any cogging or jittery stop and go?? Brakes worked on par?? THanks for testing that btw!

Nothing like this happens? Ill be using the ownboard ESC with some regular hubs… but an upgrade to this would be stellar if it doesnt require any additional costs :+1:

Nope. I’m 220 these days and it’s smooth as shit. It’s stupidly decent.

7 Likes

Any chance you get to test it on an average slope?? nothing extreme - just anything not perfectly flat

No. Pedal to the metal and still smooth.

BTW, that’s weird as hell.

2 Likes

Yes. Pulls fine as long as your expectations are reasonable. Remember, the Meepo 1.0 was no slouch in high mode.

2 Likes

Tell me about it :rofl:

Thats great though… maybe Ill just sell the wheel pulleys and keep my 107s o3o

Keep in mind that I tried the Skullboard HW esc early on, and it was a big no-go. Just a grinding sound and no love. @topcloud told me that Skullboard tuned their esc to their 105s, so that might be more the issue than compatibility.

3 Likes

Sorry, missed the latter part of your question. Brakes are better than with Meepo hubs and no jitters or any other issue.

Totally rideable and enjoyable.

4 Likes

Much appreciated Bill!!

1 Like

Has anyone checked in with them about a group buy? I may be down to add these to the spud

3 Likes

Well, @topcloud is already on it, so that looks like a serious green light possibility.

5 Likes

I might be down for back hanger+motors (pulleys) only if there will be GB

1 Like

BTW, all: I’m trying to talk Kenna into producing a 100 or 110 mold of these grey magic wheels. Anyone up for a little speculative wheel action?

9 Likes

Skullboards are lower kV than their Jomo counterparts, and they got their HW ESC altered accordingly. Would not recommend for these.

1 Like

group buy : id be in for 4 motors, 2 complete rear truck setups, 4 adapter cables,